Failure to laucnh Windows, problem with my SSD?

terencelai

I have been using my computer for almost a year, and have failed to launch Windows for 3 times.

I installed my Windows 10 Home edition on my m.2 SSD and saved my data on HDD running on RAID 1.

For the 1st time of failing to launch Windows, the computer just recovered after a day while I did nothing.

For the 2nd and 3rd time, the situation is similar, the automatic repair of Windows failed as expected, it pointed to the BCD error, and when I ran the rebuildbcd command as most website recommended, no window installation could be detected. And when I ran the diskpart command, none of the partitions of my SSD could be shown. However, the SSD was till recognised in my Bios. I tried to use the software EaseUS Partition Master to create a WinPE to see if I could recover the partitions, strangely all of the partitions and data of my SSD were still present on the WinPE; I ran disk check with the WinPE and no error was returned. After much struggle, I decided to wipe out all the data on the SSD with the WinPE and clean install a new Windows.

The problem rose here. For the 2nd time I was able to install a new Windows back onto the SSD, but for this time it was still not recognised during installation, and I was forced to install it onto a partition of my HDD. After installation, I could not find the SSD either on Disk Management of Windows or EaseUS Partition Master; however, the SSD was still visible on my Bios or when reboot with EaseUS Partition Master WinPE; I could even run a surface test on the disk with the WinPE, which told me there was no bad sector.

I tried to insert the SSD to the other M.2 slot on my motherboard, but the result was the same.

So I am wondering if it is the problem of my SSD, my motherboard or other problem that I am unaware of? The condition is very weird as my computer was still running perfect the day before and all of the sudden it broke down completely. I have not installed any new software or messed with Bios setting.

Here is the specification of my compueter:
Processor: Intel 6 cores 12 threads core i7-8700, 3.2GHx, 12M Cache, LGA 1151, 14nm
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370-PLUS Gaming Z370, DDR4, LGA 1151
DRAM: Kingston HyperX Fury HXCFB2K2/16 DDR4 2666MHz 16Gb Kit (2x8Gb)
SSD: Intel SSD 760p M.2 2280 256Gb PCIe NVMe
HDD: Toshiba Enterprise 6TB SATA3 (128Mb, 7x24) x 2, running in RAID 1
Display card: EVGA NVidia RTX2080 Black edition
Windows 10 Home edition x64