Fan bearing

Fear

Prolific Poster
Oh no never thought i would be starting a thread in here :eek: anyway i have a fan bearing that is on it's way out but can't work out which 1 every time it starts clicking loud i can't get next to the system to work it out before it stops so my question is for anyone that can answer if i don't find out will the 1 that is faulty eventually just stop working or am i going to have to try running with fans disconnected to work it out.

Buzz

Master
IMO it would most likely just seize up and die after a while. You could just keep an eye on sys temps and if any change by then the fan will prob be dead so you can tell which one it is.
Otherwise its as you said pretty much, go through them trial and error to find the culprit.

That or put a webcam in the comp pointed at different fans and record it. see the video, when played back if the sound is louder from pointing at the dodgy fan.

Buzz

Master
Well then the sooner it seizes the better will save me messing about ;)

lol, I know how you feel, I have my comp in a unit, and the bottom fan vibrates off the unit itself and makes a crazy wurr sound. All I have to do is pull it out, and slap some sound proofing sponge under it and done.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to lazy. Ill do it when something else breaks and have no choice but to pull it out. Or when I need to install something else maybe.

Ill send positive vibes your way for yours to just DIE already. :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
I guess i will have to keep playing games as it seems perfectly ok when it is being used more :) anyway i am pretty sure it is either my top exhaust or the rear exhaust we shall see....... and i think it is just the PC saying you have not give me a blast with the compressed air for a couple of months so heres your excuse.

Oh and thanks but only send them killer vibes at the faulty fan ;)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
and i think it is just the PC saying you have not give me a blast with the compressed air for a couple of months

I'm sure mine send a written request in triplicate for this special service a few months ago...keep leaving notes for myself to buy some :D