fan controler

blackhawk

hi ordered my comp but thinking of a fan controler, the case i have with the spec is a melstrom t900
would it be advisable to ammend my order and have one fitted :wacko:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
hi ordered my comp but thinking of a fan controler, the case i have with the spec is a melstrom t900
would it be advisable to ammend my order and have one fitted :wacko:

I wouldn't bother with a fan controller, I have one and I hardly use it. If noise is an issue you could replace the chassis fans with quiet ones.

blackhawk

looking at right ups some say the fans run at 100% with a controler this can reduce the speed to aroud 50% thus saving on power
but maybe running the fans at full speed will make sure the comp dose not overheat

steaky360

looking at right ups some say the fans run at 100% with a controler this can reduce the seed to aroud 50% thus saving on power
but maybe running the fans at full speed will make sure it dos not overheat

Power savings from a fan is a bit of a joke really - It's not going to save you money on your electricity bill haha! Most fans will adjust in speed depending on how hot the PC is so I wouldn't worry about it if I'm honest.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Any power saving settings on a desktop is a bit of a joke really,causes more problems than it's worth in my opinion.

Karlos

Silver Level Poster
i have a t900 with a fan controller in (put in myself) there not to bad in my opinion easy to fit and less noise in the long run...

IMG_1147.jpg IMG_2732.jpgIMG_2781.jpg

Last edited: