Fan Noise?

_JC91

Hey all,

I have a query about fan noise on the 17" variants of both the DEFIANCE VII & VYPER, I'm about to return my HP because the fan is stupid loud but it may be down to a hardware fault & also the CPU & GPU share the same fan/cooling internals. Cant even watch a YouTube video without turning the volume right up..

Does anyone have anything bad to say about either of the above 2? I don't want to spend around £1,500 on a high spec laptop and for it to be a similar issue.

I'm looking at getting the i7 8 core, 32GB ram with the RTX 2060. I'm going to assume from the photos the laptop has 2 fans situated in both corners?

Thanks in advance.

briggm

Bronze Level Poster
Both of those models are thin laptops so the trade-off is going to be in heat and fan noise.

I had to return my Vyper for unrelated reasons, but after minimal testing I'd say that the fan noise is ok, although what's reasonable for one may not be for another. When idling it was barely noticeable, however when under full load it's pretty loud. Most gaming laptops these days will be similar, at least in the thin and light category.

The Vyper is the lightest and one of the thinnest laptops to house a Max P 2070, so there's a lot of heat to expel. Having said that, the sound itself wasn't high pitched or ridiculously annoying, and there was no coil whine thankfully.