Fans

Naught91

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Guys

I recently bought a new gfx card. The nvidia 970gtx.

Installed it today. Runs like a dream. Temperature only seems to get to about 60 degrees even when im maxing out Rome2.

The problem is the main fan on the case of my computer seems to have stopped working...

Now Im not sure whether this is because it is broken or because it just isn't needed.

Ive used speedfan to check temperatures and it shows as Aux2 0 rpm. Every other fan is working fine . The PC is cooler than ever. I just don't understand why this fan won't run anymore. Is it because my old 570gtx was strained more by newer games and therefore the big fan was required?

Any advice guys?

steaky360

Is the fan still plugged in correctly? Might be worth trying to change where its plugged into (ie another motherboard header if required) to determine if the fan isn't working anymore.

Naught91

Bronze Level Poster
I checked all the connections.

Thank you, I will try plugging it into another slot.

The case is a 'InWIN BLACK DRAGON RIDER GAMING CASE'

Naught91

Bronze Level Poster
Is the fan still plugged in correctly? Might be worth trying to change where its plugged into (ie another motherboard header if required) to determine if the fan isn't working anymore.

Thank you very much!

Plugged into another motherboard header and it works again. GPU now running at 38 degrees, System at 24 and the CPU at -60.

Thank you again.