Fantasy Football 2013/14 Entrys

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
After having 4 of my players injured, I've decided to take a big hit and rework my team - a whopping 28 points. Yeah I know I've probably ruined everything, but that's ok, I needed to do it.

Swapped Van Persie for Aguero.
Garrido for Lescott
Sylla for Nolan

Threw in Ivanovic, Zaboleta, Briggs, Lampard and Delph.

So many transfers I struggle to remember...

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Why didn't you play your Wildcard mate? I know it's early in the season but could have had unlimited transfers for a week and then just made your free transfers for the rest of the season.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
What's a wildcard? I'm new to this fantasy league I usually just use The Sun app haha

EDIT: Oh I just found it. Ah well, too late...

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Wild card lets you change as many players as you like without incurring additional costs. Normally you get 1 free transfer per week and can hold a maximum of 2 at any one time any player transfers over that allowance will incur a charge of 4 points deducted from your team score. 2 or 4 cant remember off the top of my head.

Wild card lets you go crazy and change them all if you wanted without the extra charges.

If you use the card before christmas you get a second one for the second half of the season.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23841998

If the bit about Spurs looking at Mata is true then Spurs will be really exciting this season.

It could explain why he hasn't been playing, but I really can't see Chelsea giving up their player of the season (two times in a row) to a rival London club. Even though Spurs are hardly competing for the title at the moment I still can't see it happening. Plus look at it from Mata's perspective, plays for the best international team in the world, one of the best footballers in the world, people would easily pay 40m to buy him... Yet he has to settle for the Europa league?!

I think if Chelsea came out saying they were prepared to let Mata leave due to surplus players or something, then clubs all over the world will be on the phone simultaneously.

What's more interesting is why Moyes can't deny a bid on Bale. I think 60mill + Rooney for Bale would be a brilliant deal. Would strengthen both squads tremendously and both sets of fans would be happy; plus Spurs would get to screw over Chelsea like Chelsea did to them with William. But again, can't see Rooney wanting to go to a club that isn't in Champs league..

bigben

Master Poster
Yeah, I don't believe it for a second, not even Abramovich would be daft enough to do that. Look at how many players have already been rumoured to be part of the deal to show what rubbish the press comes out with: Di Maria, Rooney, Morata (by the way he looks amazing Click), Coentrao..

I HATE Rooney but I have to admit £60m + Rooney would be a good deal for Spurs.

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Morata does look pretty decent actually, fairly sure if he came to the prem he would get his legs snapped pretty rapidly... But still, looks like a good player.

Although you should probably describe your links a tad differently next time mate... I was expecting to be linked through to a google images search of him posing on a sofa topless... I don't know why I clicked on it... :| *runs to hide in the closet*

bigben

Master Poster
Morata does look pretty decent actually, fairly sure if he came to the prem he would get his legs snapped pretty rapidly... But still, looks like a good player.

Although you should probably describe your links a tad differently next time mate... I was expecting to be linked through to a google images search of him posing on a sofa topless... I don't know why I clicked on it... :| *runs to hide in the closet*

haha, yeah I thought that after I'd posted.. not my type anyway..

bigben

Master Poster
Captain Yaya Toure scores me 16 points :) Nice one Yaya. Who needs Bale?
Edit: make that 22 ;)

Last edited: