Fantasy Land: Who would you want to have a pint with?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It’s a quiet pub, there’s a snug with five seats available. You’re occupying one of them, who would you want in there with you? Real world and/or fictional, options are open.

@Nursemorph, @Scott, @sibun1, @SpyderTracks, @steaky360, @ubuysa, and anyone else who wants to get involved...

For me...

1) Bob Mortimer - I grew up watching Vic and Bob, their surreal brand of humour has definitely shaped mine and since seeing his appearances on Would I Lie To You and listening to his Athletico Mince podcast leaves me in no doubt he’d have some stories to tell.

2) Hugh Jackman - This thread was inspired by @SpyderTracks admission of a man crush on the ‘Listening Room’ post and I couldn’t help but think that this is a guy that you’re kind of envious of but it’d be genuinely fun to hang out with him. See also Dave Grohl as an alternative 😆

3) Harrison Ford - Because having the guy behind Indiana Jones, Han Solo and Rick Deckard would be phenomenal, even if he did turn up on one of his famously ‘difficult’ moods. That’s what top shelf alcohol is for 👍

4) Dhalsim from Street Fighter - With his arms we won’t have to stand up to get to the bar.

10ACBD04-4504-45BD-A0F1-39B37AE5979B.gif

Last edited:

slimbob

Enthusiast
Laurel and Hardy - Love the boys!!! they would create havoc and give me a good laugh!! Both these guys would take up one seat.
Chris Farley. What a guy !!
Audrey Hepburn - I would of loved to meet her.
Bhagavan (Sri Ramana Maharshi) - He wouldn't say much but hopefully his silent stare would be enough.

The above would be a real interesting mix, probably wouldn't work, I think Audrey would be drawn to Bhagavan and Chris and the boys would get plastered, wreck the joint and have everyone in stitches including me!

slimbob

Enthusiast
You are one lucky guy !!
But I am sorry things didn't work out and you miss her, hope everything is going well for you.

There is a scene in "Paris When it Sizzles" where she walks out of her bedroom in a blue night gown and takes William Holden's breath away (I don't think he was acting!! She didn't need to strip off to get the effect.

“There is more to feminine charm than just measurements. I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much femininity, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain.” - Audrey.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
1. Abraham Lincoln. I'd want to let him know that his long struggle and eventual sacrifice was worth it. I'm a bit of a US civil war buff.
2. Professor Iain Stewart. An incredibly interesting geology professor whose TV programmes are definitely worth watching. Actually I'd rather wander in the mountains and gorges of Crete with him to make sure I really do understand how the island formed. I'm a bit of an amateur geologist too.
3. Leonardo da Vinci. I'd want to know how one man could be so gifted - and to tell him that his helicopter design really works!
4. Neil Armstrong. Who wouldn't want to meet the first man on the Moon?

slimbob

Enthusiast
1. Abraham Lincoln. I'd want to let him know that his long struggle and eventual sacrifice was worth it. I'm a bit of a US civil war buff.
2. Professor Iain Stewart. An incredibly interesting geology professor whose TV programmes are definitely worth watching. Actually I'd rather wander in the mountains and gorges of Crete with him to make sure I really do understand how the island formed. I'm a bit of an amateur geologist too.
3. Leonardo da Vinci. I'd want to know how one man could be so gifted - and to tell him that his helicopter design really works!
4. Neil Armstrong. Who wouldn't want to meet the first man on the Moon?

Leonardo was one of the first people to come to mind as he has always fascinated me since I was a child along with Tesla. If AgentCooper had made it more than 4 they would definitely be on my list. I wonder if they would have got on? If they both really hit it off and decided to collaborate on a mutual project of interest God only knows the outcome. :)

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
Gavin McInnes - Read his book The Death of Cool, the amount of crazy stuff that guy has done is off the charts

Last edited by a moderator:

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
But he’s a also a right wing racist 🤔

Some reckon he is but I see him as just a clown. That whole Proud Boys thing that he set up was super weird and really dumb. That’s one thing I would bring up to him if I were having a pint with him, as how he ever thought that was a good idea is beyond comprehension