5) Hotel Rwanda
6) Saving Private Ryan
7) Some Like it Hot
8) The Deer Hunter
9) The Shawshank Redemption
10) The Sting

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I used to run quizzes and one picture round was movie poster based. I'll not include them all but here's 10 posters with the movie name removed. Name those movies!

View attachment 24654View attachment 24655View attachment 24656View attachment 24657View attachment 24658View attachment 24659View attachment 24660View attachment 24661View attachment 24662View attachment 24663

BTW @enduser, I'm loving the new and intact avatar! :cool:
3 and 4 are two of my favourite films!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
1) Amadeus
2) Citizen Kane
3) Dead Poet's Society
4) Good Will Hunting
5) Hotel Rwanda
6) Saving Private Ryan
7) Some Like it Hot
8) The Deer Hunter
9) The Shawshank Redemption
10) The Sting
Got them all right, except for #6 which I think is No Country for Old Men!

That used to be a regular round in our pub quiz - although they were always in B&W to make it harder (or cheaper to produce).

The other regular ones were logos with names removed, and identifying films from their key actors, usually with one actor common to all (easy ones below):
  1. Uma Thurman + Samuel L Jackson + John Travolta
  2. Uma Thurman + Lucy Liu + David Carradine
  3. Uma Thurman + Ethan Hawke + Jude Law

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Got them all right, except for #6 which I think is No Country for Old Men!
Flinking blip! You're absolutely right, I just saw the silhouetted figure and made an assumption. I should've looked a little closer at Anton Chigurh's mug in the background. I must hang my head in shame, because I love that movie! I'll put it down to only having had one coffee when I did that little quiz...

They are quite similar though, aren't they?

SavingOldMen.png

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The other regular ones were logos with names removed, and identifying films from their key actors, usually with one actor common to all (easy ones below):
  1. Uma Thurman + Samuel L Jackson + John Travolta
  2. Uma Thurman + Lucy Liu + David Carradine
  3. Uma Thurman + Ethan Hawke + Jude Law

Well I know these

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Gataca

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It was Anton's mug that gave me the biggest clue! But it does go to show how posters can conjure a specific atmosphere.

I suppose you could start doing mash-ups of two movies and challenge the quizzers to identify both - something like 'Answersmash' on Richard Osman's House of Games.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well I know these

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
Gataca
All correct.

As I said, these are the level 1 (of 10) ones.

You wouldn't know the level of the quiz until you'd paid your entry fee. On the lower levels the winning score would be about 95% (average about 70%) and would drop to a winning score closer to 70% (average 50%) on levels 9/10.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
All correct.

As I said, these are the level 1 (of 10) ones.

You wouldn't know the level of the quiz until you'd paid your entry fee. On the lower levels the winning score would be about 95% (average about 70%) and would drop to a winning score closer to 70% (average 50%) on levels 9/10.
I'm a bit of a movie buff, I'd love to have a crack at it

Stephen M

Author Level
Great movie and great theme music, I'd love to have a go on a zither just to try and recreate it, playing it on the guitar just isn't the same.
There is a move theatre in Wien that is still showing the Third Man, an uncut German version. I saw it one night and it finished after the main public transport had shut down. As it was a warm night I walked the few kilometres back to my digs through a few of the places in the film, a great experience.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm a bit of a movie buff, I'd love to have a crack at it
If I ever get back to the pub (next to my B&B in London, I'm WFH in Liverpool) - if they reopen and if they start their quiz again - I'll ask the company that does it for a copy/source for their quiz material.

They've probably got about 100 of them, and try not to use the same batch of questions for about 2 years - although if you go to other pub quizzes in the area you may find a couple of (but not all) rounds that are familiar.

That example was just one of the group of easy ones I could remember - the ones that tended to catch people out most were the animations with voice acting only.