February 2022 releases

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
After a bit of a kerfuffle earlier with @DISCOSPARTA trying to discuss a February release in the January thread, I figured I should get a move on and set up a new thread to discuss upcoming games. Thankfully Logitech G heard my call and have launched their video on the subject.

Dying Light 2 has been on my radar for forever, but with apparently 500 or so hours needed to see everything the game has to offer, I think I'll give it a miss, at least until later in the year once I've made some more progress on the backlog (2,461 Steam games and counting!).

I'd like to say that I'm excited for Elden Ring, but Souls-like games intimidate me, so that's another one I will not be going near.

I've recently played the later Life is Strange games and don't really have the urge to replay the original just yet, so will probably get the remaster at some point in the future when I'm in the mood to get all angsty teen again!

D

Deleted member 41971

racing sim grid legends out 24th feb 2022,

see, right thread this time,

seems interesting releases in feb on all platforms

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 41971

I'd like to say that I'm excited for Elden Ring

elden ring not bad price

49.99 for standard and 64.99 for deluxe, considering some games have a deluxe price of well over that this is not too bad

life is strange remastered 1st feb looks interesting

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
elden ring not bad price

49.99 for standard and 64.99 for deluxe, considering some games have a deluxe price of well over that this is not too bad
That's pretty respectable, and given the significance of the game also, they could have easily charged more considering the fanbase and the fact it's FromSoftware

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Aww man I need to get around to finishing my Witcher 3 playthrough so I can start God of War and then start Elden Ring in the distant future :ROFLMAO:

robin h 25

My February games are...
Dying Light 2,
Horizon Forbidden West,
maybe Elden Ring,
and what ever monthly freebies are on offer, on other platforms, Playstation Plus / Xbox Live / Epic Games and such.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Elden Ring reviews are looking pretty good - still not going near it as I don't have the patience to learn difficult games these days!

Last edited:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Just finished God of War and cannot recommend it enough, loved it!
I'm aware it's a big game, so I'm plodding my way through it - so much fun so far.

I've got half an eye on March's releases (well the Borderlands spinoff) and so I'm hammering my way through Borderlands 3 in preparation for it!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
So Elden Ring is upon us, and I'm amused by a summary I've read

Capture.JPG

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
FromSoftware have a lot of credit in the bank with gamers, they get a bit more leeway with launch bugs than the likes of Bethesda. Apparently work on a decent sized patch is underway already.
Most of the Dark Souls games have been a little dodgy on PC on release, but as you say, get fixed pretty quickly. From what I've heard, there's a micro-stutter problem with the game because of DirectX 12 and seemingly infrequent crashes as the "minimums specs" are a little lower than they perhaps should have been. Both these issues are potentially relatively easy to fix.