FedEx being weird

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I’m waiting for my PC to come to Italy and have been happily tracking my package with FedEx website / app until this morning. This morning, going on the FedEx site and putting in the tracking code, I get a warning saying that more than one shipment has been found under my tracking code. So now there are 2 shipments with the tracking code assigned to me by PCS. Fun fact is that the second shipment under my tracking code got created yesterday afternoon and appears picked up in Ridgmont yesterday (while PCS isn’t based in Ridgmont and my PC passed this night in Ridgmont around 1AM). I’ll attach a screenshot here. Has this happened to anyone?

I tried calling FedEx. Calling them costed me a lot of money since they only have a special paid number and the first operator that picked up the phone sounded surprised, after trying hesitating a bit she decided to investigate and told me to stay on hold (after 1 minute on hold she hung up on me 😂)

08884C84-1890-4847-9E24-51B38CFD62CC.jpeg

So, I have had the same thing happen to me - if you get any clarity from FedEx I would appreciate it. Did you buy peripherals by any chance?

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So, I have had the same thing happen to me - if you get any clarity from FedEx I would appreciate it. Did you buy peripherals by any chance?
No peripherals. I contacted PCS which contacted FedEx for me after spending so much money calling FedEx myself (cause they only have a paid phone number), FedEx told them that is a system error that automatically created a new tracking using the same number

MarcMorrow138

My pc was built 21 days ago and I am still waiting on it. On FedEx site there was also a duplicate parcel, coming from Germany and going to Italy.

They say this is perfectly normal.

I wouldn't be worrying, my advice is to just be patient.

Personally, I renamed my present computer Wilson.

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
My pc was built 21 days ago and I am still waiting on it. On FedEx site there was also a duplicate parcel, coming from Germany and going to Italy.

They still haven't sorted out the Customs hold Up yet!!!

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

Where does your PC have to be delivered?
My tracking is stuck at yesterday’s last update:
Monday, April 19, 2021
1:05 AM RIDGMONT GBLeft FedEx origin facility

MarcMorrow138

Where does your PC have to be delivered?
My tracking is stuck at yesterday’s last update:
Monday, April 19, 2021
1:05 AMRIDGMONT GBLeft FedEx origin facility
Going to Ireland. Showing on TNT systems as clearing customs on Sunday. Ringing Fedex / TNT is a total waste of time.
Friday, April 16, 2021
12:33 PMDUBLIN IEClearance delay - Import
9:20 AMDUBLIN IEIn transitPackage available for clearance
5:56 AMDUBLIN IEAt destination sort facility
5:04 AMSTANSTED GBIn transit
4:54 AMSTANSTED GBIn transit
Thursday, April 15, 2021
4:37 PMSTANSTED GBIn transit
5:59 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRDeparted FedEx location
5:10 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
3:30 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRAt local FedEx facility
3:30 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
11:00 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
9:24 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRAt local FedEx facility
1:05 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
12:32 AMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRIn transit
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
4:30 PMROISSY CHARLES DE GAULLE CEDEX FRArrived at FedEx location
Monday, April 12, 2021
11:45 PMSTANSTED GBIn transit
9:22 PMSTANSTED GBIn transit
Saturday, April 10, 2021
11:05 AMBISHOPS STORTFORD GBLeft FedEx origin facility
4:03 AMDARTFORD GBIn transit
1:42 AMRIDGMONT GBLeft FedEx origin facility
12:49 AMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Friday, April 9, 2021
3:38 PMRIDGMONT GBPicked up
4:17 AMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
9:57 PMLEEDS GBLeft FedEx origin facility
4:21 PMLEEDS GBPicked up
Thursday, April 1, 2021
1:01 PMShipment information sent to FedEx

Last edited by a moderator:

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Going to Ireland. Showing on TNT systems as clearing customs on Sunday. Ringing Fedex / TNT is a total waste of time.
Friday, April 16, 2021
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Monday, April 12, 2021
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Friday, April 9, 2021
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Lmao they are slow. Wondering when my tracking will update as well 👀

Friday, April 16, 2021
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Monday, April 12, 2021
Saturday, April 10, 2021
Friday, April 9, 2021
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Thursday, April 1, 2021
Did you get it in the end?

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok so after calling FedEx again a couple of times today, both of the times they told me my package is at Stansted waiting to go to France, they are waiting for the first available flight since they are having delays (I can't see that in my tracking tho, last update is April 19 at 1:05 AM lmao). They said this is due to the fact that they splitted my tracking number and they don't know why this happened so likely I won't get any updates no more. I'll have to call them to know more about my shipping. They forgot their phone number is not free and has a cost? Terrible service!

Citrus_9

Expert
Ok so after calling FedEx again a couple of times today, both of the times they told me my package is at Stansted waiting to go to France, they are waiting for the first available flight since they are having delays (I can't see that in my tracking tho, last update is April 19 at 1:05 AM lmao). They said this is due to the fact that they splitted my tracking number and they don't know why this happened so likely I won't get any updates no more. I'll have to call them to know more about my shipping. They forgot their phone number is not free and has a cost? Terrible service!
You think calling them so often will make them deliver quicker? There's a limited number of flights available, but lots if people buying online so delays even a few weeks is currently a usual thing. I doubt calls will help unfortunately 😕 You just need to wait for another week or few.

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You think calling them so often will make them deliver quicker? There's a limited number of flights available, but lots if people buying online so delays even a few weeks is currently a usual thing. I doubt calls will help unfortunately 😕 You just need to wait for another week or few.
No, I'm not willing to obtain a quicker delivery by calling and I never said that I wanted to. I simply would like to have my tracking information since, on their side, doubling my tracking number, which is their fault as admitted by their customer service, is not so professional. I'm not a complainer, I know the situation and I know what's going on. It's also unacceptable for them to say "if you want updates, you will have to call us since we don't know if you'll have tracking updates cause of what happened".

I think you would have done the same after almost 48 hours without tracking updates :)

Duplicate results found​

More than one shipment was found with this tracking number (----------). Please select the correct shipment to add to your summary list.
Table contains details of duplicate tracking numbers that are associated with the tracking number. Column one has the tracking number or nickname and the remaining columns provide the status description of the shipments.
TRACKING IDSHIP DATESHIPPER CITY, STATERECIPIENT CITY, STATESTATUSDELIVERY DATESCHEDULED DELIVERY DATESERVICE
----------4/16/2021WAKEFIELD, WY----------
In transit
FedEx Express
----------4/18/2021
Picked up
FedEx Express

Monday, April 19, 2021
1:02 AMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Friday, April 16, 2021
9:59 PMLEEDS GBLeft FedEx origin facility
5:47 PMLEEDS GBPicked up
7:08 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

This is what I'm talking about when I click on the first "ID". If I click on the second "ID", there is nothing. :)

Last edited:

Citrus_9

Expert
No, I'm not willing to obtain a quicker delivery by calling and I never said that I wanted to. I simply would like to have my tracking information since, on their side, doubling my tracking number, which is their fault as admitted by their customer service, is not so professional. I'm not a complainer, I know the situation and I know what's going on. It's also unacceptable for them to say "if you want updates, you will have to call us since we don't know if you'll have tracking updates cause of what happened".

I think you would have done the same after almost 48 hours without tracking updates :)

Duplicate results found​

More than one shipment was found with this tracking number (----------). Please select the correct shipment to add to your summary list.
Table contains details of duplicate tracking numbers that are associated with the tracking number. Column one has the tracking number or nickname and the remaining columns provide the status description of the shipments.
TRACKING IDSHIP DATESHIPPER CITY, STATERECIPIENT CITY, STATESTATUSDELIVERY DATESCHEDULED DELIVERY DATESERVICE
----------4/16/2021WAKEFIELD, WY----------
In transit
FedEx Express
----------4/18/2021
Picked up
FedEx Express

Monday, April 19, 2021
1:02 AMRIDGMONT GBIn transit
Friday, April 16, 2021
9:59 PMLEEDS GBLeft FedEx origin facility
5:47 PMLEEDS GBPicked up
7:08 AMShipment information sent to FedEx

This is what I'm talking about when I click on the first "ID". If I click on the second "ID", there is nothing. :)
I guess we're all different, but I wouldn't bother with all this. Simply buy and wait it to be delivered.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Delivery tracking is a strange thing really. Back in the good old days when it didn't exist you ordered something and got on with your life while you waited for whatever it was to show up.

If it didn't show up after a reasonable period of time, you'd call wherever it was and they'd say "No idea really, give it another week maybe" and back you'd go to your life again.

Tracking is a pain in the general bottom vicinity just because it exists in the first place in my view. Who cares if your package is in Watford or Inverness or Santorini or wherever? It's isn't in your hands and that fact doesn't change no matter what the current location or routing it might be taking.

I'm being a little unfair and facetious above of course - I know that - but do your best to try to not get annoyed at not being able to see something that you actually just don't need, and that will not make your delivery get to you any quicker by having it.

Your PC will arrive when it arrives and not a moment sooner regardless.