FedEx being weird

Ganggang

Bronze Level Poster
397492D5-84EB-4662-BBC5-F228D6A0677A.jpeg

Poisen

Mine arrived today at 10:29am, one day early! Super excited, will be setting it up later as I can no longer justify skiving off of anymore work ;(.

As a quick side note, I'll be moving to college accomodation in a few weeks, by using the packaging that it was delivered to me (including the internal packing), I should be okay? I am a really careful person in general anyway, more so looking for any "Oh no don't do that because ...." which might be something I never thought of.

Woohoo! Can't wait for this evening!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mine arrived today at 10:29am, one day early! Super excited, will be setting it up later as I can no longer justify skiving off of anymore work ;(.

As a quick side note, I'll be moving to college accomodation in a few weeks, by using the packaging that it was delivered to me (including the internal packing), I should be okay? I am a really careful person in general anyway, more so looking for any "Oh no don't do that because ...." which might be something I never thought of.

Woohoo! Can't wait for this evening!
Yeah shift it in the packaging it came in mate, I'd recommend keeping that stuff if possible can be really helpful if for any reason you need to send it anywhere

Poisen

Yeah shift it in the packaging it came in mate, I'd recommend keeping that stuff if possible can be really helpful if for any reason you need to send it anywhere
Good, yep the external and internal packaging will be kept, thanks for the reassurance!

DavidK

Does anyone know how long things are taking to be delivered to the republic of Ireland. It says two days but I really doubt that.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Does anyone know how long things are taking to be delivered to the republic of Ireland. It says two days but I really doubt that.
I've merged your post here, as you can see, FedEx are one of the only companies currently doing European deliveries due to the ongoing customs issues related to brexit. As such it takes around a week to get to ROI, you'll find it gets stuck at customs as they're clearing a huge backlog.

DavidK

Ok thanks for the help.
I've merged your post here, as you can see, FedEx are one of the only companies currently doing European deliveries due to the ongoing customs issues related to brexit. As such it takes around a week to get to ROI, you'll find it gets stuck at customs as they're clearing a huge backlo

AleTax

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Gl
I've merged your post here, as you can see, FedEx are one of the only companies currently doing European deliveries due to the ongoing customs issues related to brexit. As such it takes around a week to get to ROI, you'll find it gets stuck at customs as they're clearing a huge backlog.
Glad to see my thread is useful to a lot of people :)

doates

Bronze Level Poster
Thats a bit crazy after being sentt on monday last week it says should be delivered by monday the 27th. i did have to email pcs about sorting customs heres hoping it comes Monday. Brexit was such a mistake lol

Blondito

Well I seem to be having the same issue. The Fedex hub is 20 minutes away from my home but I can not get a number to call them as that hub states that they are closed 24/7 ?. I rang PCS regarding the delay due to required import clearance instructions and to be fair a lovely lad stated that he would forward the clearance instructions via a manager and all seemed good. I just can't stand that I have not gotten a tracking update in 4 days. I understand the mess brexit has caused but I need to have some idea as to when it may be dispatched for delivery so I can arrange for someone to be there if I can not. It is not impatience on my part, just a wish for some info from fedex to allow me to have someone there to sign for the package!. Fierce frustrating to be honest!.

Travel History
Date or TimeCity & StateStatus
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
04:52 SHANNON IEIn transit Package available for clearance
Monday, 18 October 2021
12:02 SHANNON IEClearance delay - Import Clearance instructions from the importer are required.
09:06 SHANNON IEClearance in progress
Sunday, 17 October 2021
17:48 DUBLIN IEIn transit
10:19 DUBLIN IEIn transit Package available for clearance
Thursday, 14 October 2021
22:39 NEWCASTLE GBIn transit
22:34 NEWCASTLE GBIn transit
03:48 Shipment information sent to FedEx

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Well I seem to be having the same issue. The Fedex hub is 20 minutes away from my home but I can not get a number to call them as that hub states that they are closed 24/7 ?. I rang PCS regarding the delay due to required import clearance instructions and to be fair a lovely lad stated that he would forward the clearance instructions via a manager and all seemed good. I just can't stand that I have not gotten a tracking update in 4 days. I understand the mess brexit has caused but I need to have some idea as to when it may be dispatched for delivery so I can arrange for someone to be there if I can not. It is not impatience on my part, just a wish for some info from fedex to allow me to have someone there to sign for the package!. Fierce frustrating to be honest!.

Travel History
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
04:52SHANNON IEIn transit Package available for clearance
Monday, 18 October 2021
12:02SHANNON IEClearance delay - Import Clearance instructions from the importer are required.
09:06SHANNON IEClearance in progress
Sunday, 17 October 2021
17:48DUBLIN IEIn transit
10:19DUBLIN IEIn transit Package available for clearance
22:39NEWCASTLE GBIn transit
22:34NEWCASTLE GBIn transit
03:48Shipment information sent to FedEx
Fed Ex are still in bad way mate, it'll probably sit there for a week before moving. It's super frustrating I know

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Travel History
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Monday, 18 October 2021
12:02SHANNON IEClearance delay - Import Clearance instructions from the importer are required.
Sunday, 17 October 2021
As @Steveyg says, this is perfectly normal I'm afraid, they have a massive backlog so it tends to sit there for a week before you get a delivery window.

Travel History
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Monday, 18 October 2021
Sunday, 17 October 2021

I have the same issue....
Let me know, when your one has arrived!

Travel History
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
04:37SHANNON IEIn transitPackage available for clearance
Monday, 18 October 2021
11:46SHANNON IEClearance delay - ImportClearance instructions from the importer are required.
10:02SHANNON IEClearance in progress
Sunday, 17 October 2021
09:09DUBLIN IEIn transitPackage available for clearance

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have the same issue....
Let me know, when your one has arrived!

Travel History
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
04:37SHANNON IEIn transitPackage available for clearance
Monday, 18 October 2021
11:46SHANNON IEClearance delay - ImportClearance instructions from the importer are required.
10:02SHANNON IEClearance in progress
Sunday, 17 October 2021
09:09DUBLIN IEIn transitPackage available for clearance
Yeah, it's not an issue, uts just how things are at the moment. It's completely expected.