FedEx being weird

Rakk

The Awesome
If it helps its not just PC's and Fedex having some issues - I got a delivery yesterday (through UPS) from the EU (Netherlands to be exact) that was supposed to be on Wednesday, marked with critical stickers (medical supplies), and on Wednesday it obviously took a fine trip around Castle Donnington (briefly in Tamworth as well before returning to Castle Donnington) according to the tracking, in and out a few times, import scanned a few times - I think it went round in circles all day!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If it helps its not just PC's and Fedex having some issues - I got a delivery yesterday (through UPS) from the EU (Netherlands to be exact) that was supposed to be on Wednesday, marked with critical stickers (medical supplies), and on Wednesday it obviously took a fine trip around Castle Donnington (briefly in Tamworth as well before returning to Castle Donnington) according to the tracking, in and out a few times, import scanned a few times - I think it went round in circles all day!
Was probably being driven round the airport perimeter..............

Blondito

I have the same issue....
Let me know, when your one has arrived!

Travel History
Date or TimeCity & StateStatus
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
04:37SHANNON IEIn transitPackage available for clearance
Monday, 18 October 2021
11:46SHANNON IEClearance delay - ImportClearance instructions from the importer are required.
10:02SHANNON IEClearance in progress
Sunday, 17 October 2021
17:48DUBLIN IEIn transit
09:09DUBLIN IEIn transitPackage available for clearance
I will m8.

TomBerry

Bright Spark
There are import issues to Ireland at the moment - due to Brexit there are new Customs Declarations forms that are having to be processed leaving the UK now so this is what I believe is causing the delay :) The company I work for we used to offer 2 day shipping to Ireland, now they take around a week unfortunately; it will be the same with all parcels going to Ireland and not just FedEx. I'd be expecting it maybe late next week unless they manage to fire it through Customs over the weekend!

Blondito

There are import issues to Ireland at the moment - due to Brexit there are new Customs Declarations forms that are having to be processed leaving the UK now so this is what I believe is causing the delay :) The company I work for we used to offer 2 day shipping to Ireland, now they take around a week unfortunately; it will be the same with all parcels going to Ireland and not just FedEx. I'd be expecting it maybe late next week unless they manage to fire it through Customs over the weekend!
Thank you and everyone else for their helpful replies. I feel I must point out that PCS have done everything I hoped for.It is the lack of communication from FedEx that is my gripe. Yes I fully understand the delays with all that has transpired,as an ex delivery driver myself I feel sorry for those on the road in these times, they must be under fierce pressure.

JulKan

Hi all,

Just about to place my order to ireland but just wanted to check did anyone from ireland have to pay VAT or import Duty or is this covered in the build price including VAT ?

I will m8.
Any news yet?
This is how I standing right now.

Date/TimeActivity/Location
10/27/2021 6:39 amOn FedEx vehicle for delivery
SHANNON IE
10/26/2021 9:46 amAt local FedEx facility
SHANNON IE
SHANNON IE
10/26/2021 8:35 amAt destination sort facility
CORK CITY IE
10/26/2021 7:34 amIn transit
SHANNON IE

Blondito

Any news yet?
This is how I standing right now.

Date/TimeActivity/Location
10/27/2021 6:39 amOn FedEx vehicle for delivery
SHANNON IE
SHANNON IE
SHANNON IE
10/26/2021 8:35 amAt destination sort facility
CORK CITY IE
10/26/2021 7:34 amIn transit
SHANNON IE
Nope still waiting for delivery date

Nope still waiting for delivery date
My monitor has arrived just now, but my PC still did not....
Can someone explain to me, why did they send it back to England again, if it was already here in Ireland at the 18th of October?

Tuesday, 26 October 2021
11:40STANSTED GBIn transit
10:24STANSTED GBIn transit
08:36STANSTED GBLeft FedEx origin facility
04:37SHANNON IEInternational shipment release - Import
03:55RIDGMONT GBIn transit
Monday, 25 October 2021
19:52RIDGMONT GBIn transit
Sunday, 24 October 2021
19:51RIDGMONT GBDeparted FedEx hub
Friday, 22 October 2021
14:20KINGSBURY GBIn transit
Thursday, 21 October 2021
18:42KINGSBURY GBIn transit
Wednesday, 20 October 2021
15:36KINGSBURY GBIn transit
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
21:16KINGSBURY GBIn transit
Monday, 18 October 2021
16:47KINGSBURY GBIn transit
11:46SHANNON IEClearance delay - Import Clearance instructions from the importer are required.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Can someone explain to me, why the actual F...k did they send it back to England again, if it was already here in Ireland at the 18th of October?

Tuesday, 26 October 2021
Monday, 25 October 2021
Sunday, 24 October 2021
Friday, 22 October 2021
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Monday, 18 October 2021
11:46SHANNON IEClearance delay - Import Clearance instructions from the importer are required.
The joys of Fed Ex mate, least it didn't end up in Germany which a few have

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Can someone explain to me, why the actual F...k did they send it back to England again, if it was already here in Ireland at the 18th of October?

Tuesday, 26 October 2021
Monday, 25 October 2021
Sunday, 24 October 2021
Friday, 22 October 2021
Tuesday, 19 October 2021
Monday, 18 October 2021
Looks like someone messed up on the Irish end, I'd contact fedex to find out what's going on

"Alright so basically this was split in transit for some reason, no further scans besides the parcel going towards you from Stansted, I've opened a case for you and escalated the shipment. Reference number is: ........ FedEx will be in contact with me in 24hours to investigate this. I'll get back to you as soon as I know more"
PCS Customer service is very helpful btw.
So what do You think guys, how long it will take to get it?
Xmas season is here soon.....

Blondito

"Alright so basically this was split in transit for some reason, no further scans besides the parcel going towards you from Stansted, I've opened a case for you and escalated the shipment. Reference number is: ........ FedEx will be in contact with me in 24hours to investigate this. I'll get back to you as soon as I know more"
Great mine arrived in Ireland same date as yours so lets see where they ship mine off to lol. All we can do is laugh m8. It will get here when the Fedex gods of chaos decide so I guess :)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'd add another 4-5 days mate, Fed Ex never cease to disappoint