Feedback / Suggestions ?

ed_cnc

The best suggestion I can think of at present would be to not allow an order to be placed and paid for on January 5th, with a expected build/delivery period of 6 - 8 days

Now I am told that you may build it at the end of the month, so that basically means you have taken the money and me, the customer is left in a limbo -

The suggestion is that if at the time of ordering, your website gave an honest build time, the customer can go elsewhere.

How about that ?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Whilst I understand your frustration, we need to go back to the words expected build date. The company didn’t give you a guarantee.

Also factor in that with all these shiny new components that have recently hit the market there’s a barrage of orders and as a systems integrator their suppliers may also be struggling to meet demand.

If you paid for the fast track service you’d be entitled to request that part of the fee back but if you went the normal route you’ve just got to be patient.

Oh, and you can cancel your order altogether for a refund if you so wish.

FF1CDDA4-8439-4E9B-8B3E-ACC24F21DF59.gif

ed_cnc

The word expected can reasonably be expected to be reasonably accurate

In the same way, your flight is expected to land in Tenerife or wherever for your holiday on Monday morning.

Thank goodness you are not in charge of scheduling aircraft and peoples holidays or else a lot of people who expected to be on holiday next week could still be sitting at the airport a week later

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There's also a lot of misunderstanding generally about these times.

The day count refers to working days as with any business, so if you placed the order on the 5th, the count starts the next day so that would be expected delivery of 17th 18th. A lot of people incorrectly assume days to mean 7 days a week. That's not the case.

Also, as above, there's no way to foresee the future and planning on upcoming order quantity, parts availability and everything is challenging. People also often to fail to take into account, that most people are often updating their orders, or cancelling, so even once an order is placed, it's not a known quantity. The flight is going to take off if a few people cancel their tickets or not, the computer is not going to get built if it's missing a GPU or motherboard.

So no, it's nothing like a flight where you have a known quantity and known distance. That has far fewer variables to take into account.