Fender Pro II Bass

Stephen M

Author Level
I cannot really justify buying another guitar at the moment and already have a great bass but have often thought about getting a five-string and having heard the sound of the latest Fender Jazz am thinking a lot more about it. Probably best to listen through headphones or with decent speakers/soundbar and if you just want the bass sound and no chat start just after five minutes into the video.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
A five-string? Pfft, that’s amateur hour. You should check out the Cardone Godzilla bass, with… wait for it… twenty-four strings. It’s utterly ridiculous.

I do love the neck of a Fender Jazz, it feels just right in my small hands. Have only experienced a four-string model, though. I say buy it, as long as the purchase won’t leave you destitute 👍

Stephen M

Author Level
That is some beast of a guitar, only thing that would put me off would be by the time you had tuned it you would be too tired to play :)

I had a Jazz copy years ago and that was a decent guitar. The five-string is getting much more likely, although having small hands as well I will be trying a few five-string basses to be sure of getting on with one. Could do with hands like the composer and pianist Sergei Rachmaninov, he had massive hands and could span a 13th.