Few questions about PC building on the website

Panmisiek

I might be uneducated a bit therefore posting some questions;

1. Why DDR5 not available with TUF mobo with 12 gen Intel? I guess lack of compatibility/no TUF mobo released yet
2. Why other mobo with 12 gen come only with 32GB DDR5, what If I want 64?
3. Why do I need to have mandatory drive with my PC? I got 2 ssd which I intent to recycle and I do not need another drive

Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
1. Why DDR5 not available with TUF mobo with 12 gen Intel? I guess lack of compatibility/no TUF mobo released yet
DDR5 requires a DDR5 capable motherboard, there's a different configurator for DDR5, the Tuf D4 is a DDR4 board
I don't know for sure, you'd have to ask PCS, but there's a worldwide shortage on DDR5, I'm guessing PCS are keeping it fair by allocating a max to each customer to serve as many people as possible.
3. Why do I need to have mandatory drive with my PC? I got 2 ssd which I intent to recycle and I do not need another drive
Because they can't test it if there isn't a drive in it, and also they can only apply warranty to the parts they sell for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I might be uneducated a bit therefore posting some questions;

Thanks
A Z690 DDR5 Tuf model theoretically exists, but I don't think it's actually on sale anywhere, at least in the UK.

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And looking into it, I think the answer for memory is actually the same. 64GB DDR5 kits don't exist in the UK. You can mix-and-match two 2x16GB sets, but PCS (I believe) only sells complete memory kits, rather than combining them: this makes sense for simplicity and stability reasons (even though it's almost always perfectly fine to mix memory, especially of the same brand, model and batch).