Film Discussion/Purchase Thread!

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I thought it would be a cool idea to start up a film discussion/review/purchase thread :D

Lately I have bought mainly cine asia/cine asia extreme films

Robogeisha

Hard Revenge Milly: Bloody Battle 1&2

Tokyo Gore Police

Vampire Girl VS Frankenstein Girl

Connected

Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

And some different ones such as

wonders of the solar system

blue planet

planet earth

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Funnily enough I counted my Blu-Rays today (Seriously gotta get a life) and it all came down to 129 Blu-Rays and 4 T.V Series - Planet Earth, Life, Spartacus Series 1 and The Walking Dead Series 1

I seriously want Lost Complete series but it was at HMV for £200 :/ mmmaaayyyybbbeee later.

Pete

Bright Spark
I've been thinking about watching Lost recently, i watched the first series when it aired on TV but i couldn't get on with the second; too many flashbacks and never seemed to get anywhere. but to have 'em all so you can watch a few at a time would be good. and you're right way too expensive at the moment.

another american tv series i liked was The Shield, follows a team of LA detectives. one of the best american tv series i would say, never becomes stale and how the plot weaves about and has effect in later episodes is great. unlike most other american stuff : fringe, 4400, true blood, kyle xy, V, (others i can't remember), i'm not saying they're bad, they're just padded out with so much dross that it is inevitable many get cancelled.

Edit : compare them to the likes of Game of Thrones - fewer episodes, packed with stuff going on. oh and i hear that one of the big-wigs behind the walking dead quit becuase the new series was turning into examples of the above. :¬(

< / 2 pence worth >

Last edited:

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
129 blu rays!!!! =O

all my my money couldn't be them!!!

well I watched a bit of planet earth, 10 hours long!

and blue planet is too

i've got wonders of the solar system coming, seriously, far too much nature and blu ray for my eyes to handle

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Yeah... I think I spend half my wages on them, and with websites like Play.com and Amazon it's so easy :/

Eventually I had to get Blu-Ray towers in my room from Ikea lol.. I'm a sucker for nature/space documentaries, they are good stress-relief when you need 'em lol.

I'm no fan of American T.V series as a whole, but you get a few that are amazing. I love the first series of The Walking Dead, till the point where it got to the second last/last episode where it just got all silly, as if the writers couldn't think of anything else.

Spartacus is highly recommended, although it has wayyyyyyy too many sex scenes, like 4 a episode at the start of the series it was ridiculous... but, once you get past all of that, the story is brilliant.. imagine Gladiator was put into a series, the fight scenes are just as amazing. The main actor died a couple of weeks ago :( be was British too, so I guess that was the end of that show.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
ah lame!

yeah im not a fan either, i dont even watch tv. only american series i liked was how i met your mother

well the space documentary i bought halved in price overnight.. oh well

just waiting on all my cine asia extreme movies to get here now,don't think i'll be able to handle the gore!!

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Yeah... I think I spend half my wages on them, and with websites like Play.com and Amazon it's so easy :/

Eventually I had to get Blu-Ray towers in my room from Ikea lol.. I'm a sucker for nature/space documentaries, they are good stress-relief when you need 'em lol.

I'm no fan of American T.V series as a whole, but you get a few that are amazing. I love the first series of The Walking Dead, till the point where it got to the second last/last episode where it just got all silly, as if the writers couldn't think of anything else.

Spartacus is highly recommended, although it has wayyyyyyy too many sex scenes, like 4 a episode at the start of the series it was ridiculous... but, once you get past all of that, the story is brilliant.. imagine Gladiator was put into a series, the fight scenes are just as amazing. The main actor died a couple of weeks ago :( be was British too, so I guess that was the end of that show.

They already replaced him due to him having a life threatening illness, so season 2 is gonna be released. I cant remember when they said, its either later this year or early next.

Walking Dead season 2 is out in october! Thats what im looking foward too, love it!

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
just received bloody battle, tokyo gore police and vampire girl vs frankenstein girl

just some kids films, you know....

:|

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Bought Thor on Blu-Ray today, haven't watched it.. more of a impulse buy :S will watch it tonight though.

yeh let us know im interested.

i also want to know what that attack the block film is like.

and battle los angeles

still waiting on my solar system blu ray..............

Pete

Bright Spark
you get what you expect with battle LA; shooting and aliens. over hyped in my opinion. i thought the film skyline, despite budget and unknown cast gave a better show of itself, keeps you guessing a bit more. so if you haven't seen that it might of interest, despite it's low imdb score of only 4.5.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
you get what you expect with battle LA; shooting and aliens. over hyped in my opinion.

Agreed.

Watched Thor last night, pretty solid film, some funny parts in it and some nice action... if you are interested with The Avengers then it is something you need to look into because it joins up with that nicely.

Also, not giving any spoilers or anything but you need to watch it after the credits and it gives a short minute or two story.. about... not sure exactly. It had Samuel L Jackson playing Nick Furry, which in my mind is always a good thing.