Final advice

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
So I've finally decided I will pay the extra to upgrade from a GT 650M to a HD 7970M, as I think it will be worth it.

So the main components are:
i7-3610QM at 2.3ghz
8GB Samsung 1333mhz RAM
AMD HD 7970M 2.0GB DDR5
500GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid

All i wish to know is now is if the other components such as the i7 will be adequate enough to get the best out the 7970M?

Once i get some feedback on this I am happy to say it will be ordered! :sorcerer:

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The 7970M and 3610QM are a good combo and will help you get the best gaming performance out of the laptop. You can obviously go faster but this costs more...

8GB of RAM is a decent amount and memory is cheap now so 8GB is worth going for.

Only recommendation would be for an SSD rather than the Momentus XT, but this depends if it fits within your budget. :)

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
I dont really know what an SSD does if im honest, isn't it just a quicker hard drive compared to the main HD?

Enzyme

Bronze Level Poster
Interesting..id be interested in adding one of those. How much is the cheapest SSD? sorry for the laziness im at work :p

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Interesting..id be interested in adding one of those. How much is the cheapest SSD? sorry for the laziness im at work :p

Well you can check prices online at other retailers but I'd be better to get it from PCS so that is under warranty (perhaps the intel SSD 330 120gb)