Final Fantasy VII Remake PC

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It's £70 quid what the hell! I haven't been on steam for a couple of months now. I was hoping to get the ff remake when I got back from my work trip but not a chance if they are selling it for that!
Yeah, it's rediculous.

It's down to £50 currently on Epic until the 28th July, I wonder if that's when it will reduce again on Steam again to the £50 mark

D

Deleted member 41971

Yeah, it's rediculous.

It's down to £50 currently on Epic until the 28th July, I wonder if that's when it will reduce again on Steam again to the £50 mark

probably a silly question, but why are they selling it for 70? is it pure greed or what.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
D

Deleted member 41971

Basically yes, Square Enix just wanted to see what they could get away with basically along with some other big publishers

not a good road to go down, over the yrs different publishers have found the hardway that this kind of practises does not go down well.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Considering I preferred FFVIII to FFVII as a kid (yes, I was one of those!), I never played the original Crisis Core (a prequel to FFVII), so seeing that a remake of that was coming, I didn't really buy into the hype that others had. The FFVII remake was an Epic exclusive for a while, but thankfully it seems that Squeenix have learned their lesson. Crisis Core: Reunion is now available on Steam.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So 1 1/2 years later, I finally purchased it, on Steam of course, absolutely can't wait to give this a whirl!

1679419540601.png

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So 1 1/2 years later, I finally purchased it, on Steam of course, absolutely can't wait to give this a whirl!

View attachment 36367
You son of a gun. I am so jealous that I could repeatedly punch you in the crotchal region. Count yourself lucky that I’m too tired to get in the car and unleash some northern justice upon you.

Let me know how you get on and fill me in on any moments that get your nostalgia gland going 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You son of a gun. I am so jealous that I could repeatedly punch you in the crotchal region. Count yourself lucky that I’m too tired to get in the car and unleash some northern justice upon you.

Let me know how you get on and fill me in on any moments that get your nostalgia gland going 👍
I don't know how the GTX1080 is going to handle it, have had to push back upgrading the rig until later on in the year.

Am away for 2 weeks so will give it a spin when I get back.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
is the game any good? seems the reviews were a bit mixed when it came out
The negativity at release I don't think was due to gameplay issues, it's been widely hailed as a work of art in that respect.

The die hard old school guys were against it because it changed quite a lot of the story line (which of course, you can never adapt anything, everything needs to always remain exactly the same!)

There were performance issues at launch when it released on Epic, quite a bit of stuttering and generally graphic issues, but that was pretty quickly updated and I believe since it was released on Steam 6 months later, there have been barely any issues, but the ones that have been posted seem to be related to the PC itself rather than the game

I haven't actually played it at all yet, I'm away for a couple of weeks, but will stick it on when first thing when I get back. I may actually take a week off to properly immerse in it's beauty!