Final Space has been [S]cancelled[/S] extended???

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sincere apologies to any fans to be the bearer of sad news, Olan has just confirmed Final Space has ended at the end of season 3.

What gusto for a goodbye chat, truly inspiring. I have no doubt he'll be producing further amazing content, and I hope for a feature film in the future to tie up the storyline

CMP01

Enthusiast
Aww that's a shame but this happens to all the best shows these days, and I'm still unhappy about Firefly after all this time nm other shows since...
Season 1 was great, haven't seen any more but was saving it up for a binge (as I do)
Fingers crossed that Disenchantment doesn't meet a similar fate, as there's not a lot of animated shows I either like the look of or am not so far behind it'd take ages to catch up while avoiding spoilers.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
and I'm still unhappy about Firefly after all this time nm other shows since...
Rumours are they're gonna do some more series of Firefly on Disney+ who now own the rights when they bought out Fox!

Season 1 was great, haven't seen any more but was saving it up for a binge (as I do)
Oh, you've got some good watching coming up, binging it is definitely the best way to do it, it's so seamless from one episode to the next.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
For fans, there's a petition to try to get someone to pick final space up, please sign!

giphy.gif

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, perhaps a silver lining although not the way we may have ultimately wanted.

Olan Rogers, the creator, has come to an arrangement with Warner Brothers Discovery for a license to print one graphic novel to roundup the Final Space story.

He wasn't allowed to fund raise for it, only allowed to promote it on his own website and raise funds through pre-order. They're not allowed to do digital copies, only printed books.

Being Olan, he's gone totally overboard, he reckons it's going to be around 500 pages, same graphic artist as the series which is great.

It's pricey at around £150 to UK including shipping and he's only allowed to print 10,000 copies, and over half are already gone since this was announced at about 13:00 this afternoon

But Olan will go all out on this, it's going to be an epic marathon storyline. You can take him at his word, he's been completely transparent and forthcoming from the very start

I'm just very sad that we can't have the same musician behind it and the voice acting, some of the music was absolutely incredible. Still waiting for them to do a vinyl soundtrack.

Same video from Olans personal account in case you're worried it's not official:

Last edited:

steaky360

Well.... its an expensive 'punt' but here there go.

I'm bitterly disappointed that the series won't get its proper conclusion in an animated fashion but them's the knocks I suppose. Big corpo has to corpo.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well.... its an expensive 'punt' but here there go.

I'm bitterly disappointed that the series won't get its proper conclusion in an animated fashion but them's the knocks I suppose. Big corpo has to corpo.
I forgot to post this, but Olan did start a kickstarter for a new animated short called "Godspeed" which is obviously off Goodspead, and fully intented to be a rip off, this is to get around the licensing issues that Warner Brothers are unwilling to bend to with the Final Space trademark.

It's been fully funded and will be going ahead although I don't know timelines or what studio is behind it if any.
I don't know why Warner are being so ridiculously difficult with it all, the fans are definitely out there, and worldwide as well, it's not as if it's only successful in the US.

steaky360

I forgot to post this, but Olan did start a kickstarter for a new animated short called "Godspeed" which is obviously off Goodspead, and fully intented to be a rip off, this is to get around the licensing issues that Warner Brothers are unwilling to bend to with the Final Space trademark.

It's been fully funded and will be going ahead although I don't know timelines or what studio is behind it if any.
I don't know why Warner are being so ridiculously difficult with it all, the fans are definitely out there, and worldwide as well, it's not as if it's only successful in the US.
Yeah, already a backer of that :)

But as for Warner - its because they can't make ALL the money, so because of that no one can make ANY money...

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, he's increased the numbers to 13000 due to how quickly they're selling.

Currently 2569 left.

I really hope it lasts until payday, would hate to miss this!

1682447983320.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Been boosted to 16000 copies now, very nearly all sold.

1682759426512.png

He's going to be boosting in batches given the outrageous demand.

The initiial 10000 sold out within 28 hours which is quite incredible given the high cost

Warner must be kicking themselves at seeing the demand for this, wouldn't suprise me if they back down on an animated final series or 2.

Last edited: