Finally decided.

Cavman

Bronze Level Poster
After a lot of thought and endlessly browsing through lots of threads for information (a lot of you guys really know you're stuff), I have decided that this is what im going to order sometime during the week. I know it's rather modest (or rubbish!) compared to the majority of the other specs I have seen posted but It was the best i could afford just now and I need to start somewhere i suppose. :D

Case: PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU): AMD PHENOM II X4 955 (3.20GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3) - BLACK EDITION
Motherboard: ASUS® M5A78L-M/USB3: M-ATX, USB 3.0, SATA 3.0Gb/s
Memory (RAM): 4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card: 1GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 - DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk: 500GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD5002AALX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 32MB CACHE (7200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive: 24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Power Supply: CORSAIR 650W ENTHUSIAST SERIES™ TX650 V2-80 PLUS® BRONZE (£72)
Processor Cooling: SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Warranty: 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)

Thanks for all the help guys!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
make sure to get the 750GB caviar black for an extra fiver

and take a look at the new £59 case, doesnt look half bad and still has good cooling, may be more convenient or whatever for you

Cavman

Bronze Level Poster
I'm unsure now. thinking of sticking just because its slightly bigger. will have a ponder about it tomorrow though and get back to you.

Petchi b

I dont know your budget but for an extra £30 or so you could get a Phenom 965 3.4GHz and a GTX 560Ti which would give a nice boost in performance to your PC for a good price. :)

Cavman

Bronze Level Poster
sadly I cannot afford them :( slightly over budget as it is. the joys of being a student.