Finally finally getting rid of BT Broadband!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So little bit of an update on this.

I was gonna wait until I'd had a while to test it to get a decent average performance chart.

So initial install date was 13th June. They came, installed the box outside our front door, drilled through for the cables, installed the optical receiver, and then went out in the street to connect us up.

About an hour later, the guy came back and said that it looked as though the street hasn't been connected to the main supply! It's not just us, there's another house on our street who are supposed to be being installed also.

Fast forward to last Friday, I called up for about the 4th time, each time they've told me they'd find out what's happening and call back, never had a call back. Last Friday they said literally 3 hours ago there was an update that they'd applied from the council for a work order basically to dig the street up and actually do the work they were supposed to have done before they signed us up.

So now it's a matter of having to wait for the council to approve a 3rd party works order. AFAIK there are no other work orders on our street, but nevertheless, these things can take months to be approved.

It's a damn pain. Just for the fact they've palmed me off 4 times and said someone would call and haven't, I would have taken our business elsewhere, but there is no-one else around here aside from BT. If Virgin got their act in gear, I'd switch to them in a heartbeat.

I'm assuming we aren't being charged, but I'm not the one paying the bill, so it's quite possible they have been, really need to check that out.

Not good.

BUT, I know once it is connected, judging by the ratings of this company nationwide, service will be pretty rock solid and fast. It's just having the patience to see that through!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
So little bit of an update on this.

I was gonna wait until I'd had a while to test it to get a decent average performance chart.

So initial install date was 13th June. They came, installed the box outside our front door, drilled through for the cables, installed the optical receiver, and then went out in the street to connect us up.

About an hour later, the guy came back and said that it looked as though the street hasn't been connected to the main supply! It's not just us, there's another house on our street who are supposed to be being installed also.

Fast forward to last Friday, I called up for about the 4th time, each time they've told me they'd find out what's happening and call back, never had a call back. Last Friday they said literally 3 hours ago there was an update that they'd applied from the council for a work order basically to dig the street up and actually do the work they were supposed to have done before they signed us up.

So now it's a matter of having to wait for the council to approve a 3rd party works order. AFAIK there are no other work orders on our street, but nevertheless, these things can take months to be approved.

It's a damn pain. Just for the fact they've palmed me off 4 times and said someone would call and haven't, I would have taken our business elsewhere, but there is no-one else around here aside from BT. If Virgin got their act in gear, I'd switch to them in a heartbeat.

I'm assuming we aren't being charged, but I'm not the one paying the bill, so it's quite possible they have been, really need to check that out.

Not good.

BUT, I know once it is connected, judging by the ratings of this company nationwide, service will be pretty rock solid and fast. It's just having the patience to see that through!

communication issues seem the norm these days

im sure it be worth it when its installed, just a pain to get there