Finally Pulled The Trigger - Frist Ever Rig Arriving on Monday!

kevo998

Honestly can't wait to get it! paid just shy of ā‚¬6,000 all in inc monitor. Hopefully now all the parts are compatible! šŸ¤£

Case
CORSAIR iCUE 5000T RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Promotional Item
Get a discount code for 20% off select peripherals at Corsair.com
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D 16 Core CPU (4.2GHz-5.7GHz/144MB w/3D V-CACHE/AM5)
Motherboard
ASUSĀ® ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING WIFI (AM5, DDR5, PCIe 5.0, Wi-Fi 6E)
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 4800MHz (2 x 32GB)
Graphics Card
24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG - 2x HDMI, 3x DP
Graphics Card Support Bracket
NONE (BRACKET INCLUDED AS STANDARD ON 4070 Ti / RX 7700 XT AND ABOVE)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
4TB CORSAIR CORE XT MP600 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 5000 MB/R, 4400 MB/W)
1st Storage Drive
4TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM, 256MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIESā„¢ - MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor Cooling
CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD XT RGB CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Extra Case Fans
4 x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120 ARGB + Controller Kit
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
ONBOARD 2.5Gbe LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10/11 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365Ā® (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
Norton 360 inc. Game Optimizer - Free 90 Day License
Browser
Google Chromeā„¢
Monitor
ASUS PG329Q 32" ROG Swift

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This is an amazing PC but you have some poor choices. What stage is it at in the process? If it's still in pre-production you can still amend things like the RAM and the storage setup you've chosen...

kevo998

This is an amazing PC but you have some poor choices. What stage is it at in the process? If it's still in pre-production you can still amend things like the RAM and the storage setup you've chosen...
Still in production so any and all advise please, absolutely welcome! RAM no good? Should I change to DDR4 perhaps? Same with storage?

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I would do the following:
  • Change the case to the 5000X (not crucial, but just as good and way cheaper)
  • If it's just for gaming, change the CPU to the 7800X3D as it's actually faster in most games. The 7950X3D is good for heavy duty tasks like video editing, but is of no benefit in games.
  • Get 6000MHz memory. if it's just for gaming, 32GB is ample.
  • Change the graphics card to the standard 4090: just as good and way cheaper.
  • Get a 512GB P44 Pro as the boot drive as well as your 4TB SSD, which is where games go.
  • I'd either lose the hard drive entirely (what's it for?) or get an Ironwolf one, which is way better performing.
  • I'd probably get the 1200W power supply at your budget level.
  • Lose the thermal paste: it's unnecessary as the Corsair cooler comes with good paste.
  • I'd get the 4x Corsair AF120 fans rather than the Coolermasters so they can all be controlled in one app with the rest of your fans.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
  • If it's just for gaming, change the CPU to the 7800X3D as it's actually faster in most games. The 7950X3D is good for heavy duty tasks like video editing, but is of no benefit in games.
  • Get a 512GB P44 Pro as the boot drive as well as your 4TB SSD, which is where games go.
  • I'd either lose the hard drive entirely (what's it for?) or get an Ironwolf one, which is way better performing.
  • Lose the thermal paste: it's unnecessary as the Corsair cooler comes with good paste.
  • I'd get the 4x Corsair AF120 fans rather than the Coolermasters so they can all be controlled in one app with the rest of your fans.
I would also suggest with the savings you've made here, don't get that monitor, it's OLD now and IPS, you can get a top tier QD-OLED monitor for not that much more which would be FAAAR better.

kevo998

Brilliant and thank you very much for the advice!