Finance denial, deposit return?

woody847

Hi,
I tried to purchase a laptop on finance yesterday and got denied so I will just have to buy outright which is fine. Only thing is once I was denied I was given a message saying my card would not be charged, yet it was for the £120 for the laptop. I am just making sure the money will be returned! I have sent an email to the enquiries but haven't heard back. Please advise.

Regards,

Michael Wood

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Just to confirm - we never actually took the money, it was simply authorised which is like a marker over the payment, that's all. :)

woody847

Hmm, well there has definatley been £120 withdrawn on behalf of pcs.. I assume my balance will just go back up after a few more days :)

JMOB

Bronze Level Poster
Deferred payments can cause a lot of frustration.

As PCS stated, we have not taken the money. Your bank simply has allocated the money, for us to do so at a later date. I am told that the referred payment is guaranteed for five days only. The confusing thing for you is that your may bank treat the withdrawl as if it has been taken when the truth is we have been given a facility to collect the money, which may or may not be done.

For your information, when the finance application was declined, the deferred payment was aborted (it would have been released to us at this point if the application had been accepted). When a deferred payment has been aborted an automated email is generated and sent to the card issuer by SagePay, who take our card payments. This is where problems can occurr as some card issuers do not have a facility to process this email and simply ignore it. If this happens you may get conflicting advice from the bank and us. We can provide proof that the payment has been aborted, whilst your bank insists we have taken the funds. The practises of some banks are more problematic than others.

So, if your bank insist on retaining the marker, contact our Call Centre Administrators, who will email over a copy of the aborted deferred payment, which you can send to your bank.

I hope this helps.

woody847

Thank you for all that information :) I have just checked this morning and my balance has gone back up :) so for me it only took 2 days ( 1 working day) still want to buy the laptop from pcs though :) just need to save up! Thanks guys. Much appreciated.