Finance Referred For Over 1 Week?

Hey, So around a week ago I placed an order for a custom PC costing £1420.

Im doing it where you dont pay anything until after 12 months and you can pay it off before the 12 months and get charged no interest.

I filled out the application and still finance is referred.

I called Hitachi and they tried to get through to the team that deal with the forms but she said she couldn't get through as they had a buildup.

Has anyone else recently purchased a PC from them and if you have finance referred how long did it take you?

I suppose their might be a buildup due to covid but I'm not sure.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey, So around a week ago I placed an order for a custom PC costing £1420.

Im doing it where you dont pay anything until after 12 months and you can pay it off before the 12 months and get charged no interest.

I filled out the application and still finance is referred.

I called Hitachi and they tried to get through to the team that deal with the forms but she said she couldn't get through as they had a buildup.

Has anyone else recently purchased a PC from them and if you have finance referred how long did it take you?

I suppose their might be a buildup due to covid but I'm not sure.
its normal, as with everything people are workong from home and everything is delayed.

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
I had the same. Order placed 19 August. I rang them yesterday and was lucky enough to speak with one of the team members who process the applications. Ten minutes later, it was approved and I had an email to sign the agreement.

So I suggest you ring again and hopefully you'll get through.

RichH

Gold Level Poster
its normal, as with everything people are workong from home and everything is delayed.

I wonder for how long businesses will use this as an excuse and customers will accept it.

I accept where supply chains are involved this will have an impact, but for services that don't require a physical product - I don't accept

No reason for people to still be working from home and in a good proportion of cases efficiency has actually been increased when WFH

I have my work extension patched through to my mobile and use a VPN to connect to my works system -- the old "well, we are working from home so will take longer to respond to queries" doesn't actually wash - your ability to receive and deal with calls should be unaffected and if it is affected - get back to the workplace

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I wonder for how long businesses will use this as an excuse and customers will accept it.

I accept where supply chains are involved this will have an impact, but for services that don't require a physical product - I don't accept

No reason for people to still be working from home and in a good proportion of cases efficiency has actually been increased when WFH

I have my work extension patched through to my mobile and use a VPN to connect to my works system -- the old "well, we are working from home so will take longer to respond to queries" doesn't actually wash - your ability to receive and deal with calls should be unaffected and if it is affected - get back to the workplace
Finance deals aren't something that can be handled from home. Generally there are contracts and contacts associated with a central bank where one or few people have the authority to approve such things

Yes I agree for the most part that people should have adapted to the WFH culture that's arising. Unfortunately finance is one area where this isn't going to catch up any time soon

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Just because it doesn't affect your business doesn't mean everyone fits in that category, plenty of businesses struggle with remote working.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's not an excuse, it's a perfectly valid reason.
This just shows a lack of understanding on your part.
On 24th August (yesterday) the UK recorded 30,838 new cases and has a weekly average of 33,550 and increasing (https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/). The COVID pandemic is far from over, no matter how much you'd like it to be, so to claim that 'there is no reason for people to still be working from home' is a strange thing to be saying.

What's also strange is that in one sentence you both condem working from home and praise it at the same time!
The problem with working from home is not a technological one. The PCS staff working from home have access to all the systems they would have access to in the office as far as I know. The big difference is that they're at home! If for example, a customer calls with a query about their build, the agent could walk over to the relevant people in the factory and get accurate and reliable information, working from home means that this is not possible. Customer facing PCS staff who are working from home effectively have one hand tied behind their back.

Rakk

The Awesome
your ability to receive and deal with calls should be unaffected and if it is affected - get back to the workplace
Please do not assume that just because you may be fit and healthy and are able to go back to a workplace that everyone else can as well, not everyone has that luxury of being that healthy.

Edit: as an example I'm glad my company are not asking me to go back - as someone in the clinically vulnerable group I wouldn't want to anyway

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
We're getting off-topic people :)

It's affected everyone differently, it appears almost every financial institution are still struggling with the WFH or at least it's the first thing they make you aware of.

In regards to the original query, I would recommend calling them again as recommended, it's the best I can suggest unfortunately; as a financial institution, they will only speak to the end customer about the account. It does seem to give them the nudge they need towards us getting you your amazing new computer :)

As I only work from home intermittently (e.g. car in for RMA like now...) the biggest issue I have is the dog does not accept this and thinks my microphone is food.

RichH

Gold Level Poster
Apologies for going off topic - but it is a subject that has become more prevalant.

For full disclosure - I work for the NHS (and have for 30+ years) so am probably more in touch with the impact than the vast majority of people.

My point is, that if people are not able to fully perform their duties from home, then there is no real (medical and legal if you want) reason for them to not go back to the workplace.

My duties are partly clinical and party administrative which may account for my "contradicatory" views.

I am in fact more efficient doing my admin at home due to lack of outside distractions however for the clinical part of my job, I have no choice but to work face to face with staff and patients

I stand by my comment about businesses using it as an excuse - after all, we/they have had at least 18 months to get organised and find alternative/productive solutions

*** if a mod can split this thread into General Discussion - that would be good - thanks

Last edited:

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I can't split it off from the main group but will keep this one active as it's useful for anyone in the same position.

If you want to start a general discussion about this topic that would be fine. Debate is fine there, I just don't want people looking for help with a similar scenario getting caught up in the opinions.