Finance.

marsh999

Im saving up for a new PC after mine blew on me few months ago. Is it worth just saving up and paying in 1 go or going on finance? I was looking at more the settle after 3 monthly payments. The total amount for the PC i'm wanting is only £1144 inc VAT.

thx in advance

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i think its a £30 settlement fee on finance but you will get your PC early, its your choice, if you dont mind paying the extra £30 it may be best to go for finance

Petchi b

I think as long you are going to pay it off early without incurring interest finance is definitely the way to go. The £30 settlement fee is certainly worth it...you can pay it off early at any time during the first 12 months, so if you wanted you could wait until after the 11th monthly instalment has gone out and then pay off the final balance so you would have a lot less to pay off compared to waiting 3 months.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
If you can afford it one lump sum I think that may be a better idea. Then there is no need to worry about the payments or incase ya lose ya job or anything bad happens.

Rakk

The Awesome
I've gotta say, I think its always best to buy outright, i.e. only buy stuff you can actually afford now.
No extra fees and peace of mind that its entirely yours and its not a debt (even if it is a small one) hanging over your head.

Petchi b

I've gotta say, I think its always best to buy outright, i.e. only buy stuff you can actually afford now.
No extra fees and peace of mind that its entirely yours and its not a debt (even if it is a small one) hanging over your head.

Sure, I agree. But not many people have 2k lying around in the bank to buy a gaming PC. If we all only bought things we could afford to pay for now, most of us would not have much..not a house to live in, no car....

Unfortunately, its the way it works as the whole world is run on debt. If you can afford the monthly payments go for it, as £30-35 a month shouldn't give you sleepless nights even if you did run in to financial hardship.

Last edited:

marsh999

Thank for reply's guys. I'm always kind of wary of deciding on which option to take to buy stuff especially when its involving large amounts of money. I'm just wondering can you put more down for deposit instead of 10% like 50%?