First FFVII and now this!!!

barlew

Godlike
So Ubisoft have announced that a Splinter Cell remake in the works! This could be epic news as long as they don't try to turn it into some absolutely dire live service game as they have with every other IP they develope!

D

Deleted member 41971

So Ubisoft have announced that a Splinter Cell remake in the works! This could be epic news as long as they don't try to turn it into some absolutely dire live service game as they have with every other IP they develope!

loved splinter cell and hopefully if the remake is done right it should be great, would though like to see a new splinter cell title sometime as well, i feel the franchise has been neglected over the last decade or more.

barlew

Godlike
I absolutely love all of the splinter cell games. Even the abortion that was Conviction. I am just desperately praying the don't pull some stupid moves with it like the did with Breakpoint.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
This is great news! I loved the first three games and welcome a remake of the first.

It will make me want to attempt the split jump again though. If I couldn’t do it when I was 19, the odds of me doing it now are minimal.

18F40F54-75D3-49CE-A181-5749A3B151E5.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I do just about remember playing the very first Splinter Cell, when exactly was that? LONG TIME AGO! Feels longer ago than FF7

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I think Chaos Theory was the high point of the series. I loved the multiplayer as well, it had a really unique premise.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Every now and then I'll pick a game from my back catalogue and play it through to completion. It's a guilty pleasure.
I like your style, I have a few games in my own back catalogue that warrant a replay every few years. FF7 and Metal Gear Solid are the two that come around most often, I’m emotionally attached to those.

I’ve just checked my Steam library and I’ve got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory and Blacklist in there, seeing as you’ve thoroughly poked my nostalgia gland I might put those on the ‘to play’ list 👍

It’d be nice if the PlayStation era Prince of Persia game got a decent remake or a full reboot.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Retroarch is your friend.

I have all of the consoles and I never play any of them. I do play the games from time to time though, just using Retroarch. PC setup works flawlessly but for the most part my Shield TV plays everything I could want.

The XBox used to be a fantastic retro player but it's not got the grunt for more modern titles.

Interestingly, I hooked my spare PS5 controller up to the NVidia Shield the other day and it's flawless. XBC works well with it too.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Every now and then I'll pick a game from my back catalogue and play it through to completion. It's a guilty pleasure.
Same...

Capture.JPG

As previously a big Assassin's Creed fan though, Splinter Cell as a live service montrosity is likely to become a thing, so I'll be giving it a few months post-release to see what happens with it!