First Time Build? Thoughts?

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
First time using PCS, comments on my build? Budget was around £800 but i had to buy a mouse mat and headset
Wanted just for general use and playing recent games at High settings while getting good frames. (Also its 64 bit)

PCS ALPHA TRION 7622B BLACK CASE
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
ASUS® H87M-E: Micro-ATX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT
1TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 32MB CACHE
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Super Quiet 22dBA Triple Copper Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler
Change to: 2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 650 Ti - DVI, mHDMI, VGA - 3D Vision Ready
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit w/SP1 - inc DVD & Licence
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

EDIT: Was thinking of changing to a 3.4Ghz i5 Processer, Would it make much of a difference?

If i change to i5 i can get a
Caviar Black 1tb Hardrive
GTX 750 Ti
Z87M Motherboard

Thoughts? Cheers

Last edited:

steaky360

I notice you want to play game at high settings and get good frames but neglected to choose (or at least display) a graphics card.

Could you edit your post and submit the full spec? Its often easier that way :)

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
Its already on order so can't really amend to an AMD.
I've downgraded to an i5 and got the better parts that I listed, and i'll also be using it for most probably recording and video editing

keynes

Multiverse Poster
For high settings on demanding games the gtx 750 ti doesn't look like a good choice. It depends on the type of games you expect to play. There was no mention of video editing in your first post, if it is mainly for editing then it looks fine

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
Budget is kind of restricting me on the 750 Ti, whenever I try go for something a little better it requires me to change my PSU which i can't afford

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Budget is kind of restricting me on the 750 Ti, whenever I try go for something a little better it requires me to change my PSU which i can't afford

If you are happy with the spec go for it. If it was me for your budget I would have gone with an fx-6350 with a better gpu if it is mainly for gaming.

Zeeqo

Bronze Level Poster
Its alright, I can always play on custom settings then, not everything has to be maxed

Thanks anyway :)