First time getting a desktop pc, what should I do?

lonsun

Hi, I've ordered my new pc a few days ago. It is my first proper desktop pc. I'm lost on what to do once I get it. Should I connect the monitor to it straight away and boot up? But the monitor is brand new as well so what happens then? After that, is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, I've ordered my new pc a few days ago. It is my first proper desktop pc. I'm lost on what to do once I get it. Should I connect the monitor to it straight away and boot up? But the monitor is brand new as well so what happens then? After that, is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you.
The PC will be fully configured and ready to go, you just attach monitor, keyboard and mouse and start it.

On first boot it will take you through windows setup, takes about 10 minutes, very easy.

Monitor is ready to go too, there's nothing you need to do with it.

lonsun

The PC will be fully configured and ready to go, you just attach monitor, keyboard and mouse and start it.

On first boot it will take you through windows setup, takes about 10 minutes, very easy.

Ah right ok thank you.

lonsun

Also, after the boot, is there a need to install all the updated drivers or is all the drivers up to date already?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also, after the boot, is there a need to install all the updated drivers or is all the drivers up to date already?
All drivers will be already installed and windows update will automatically apply any updates once it's connected to the internet.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
All drivers will be installed - assuming you bought a copy of Windows with it. You may have to attach the WFi card antennae, you'll find them in the welcome pack box.

My advice would be to take your time when it arrives. It's a very exciting time and the urge to see it running is huge, but go slowly. Ensure that everything is plugged into the right place before you turn it on.

The very first thing you'll see is the Windows setup where you specify language, region, etc. Take your time with this and don't rush to finish. [emoji846]

lonsun

Should I connect to internet after the initial boot up or should I connect during the boot up? Asking this because on some videos I saw that connecting to internet will sync some info across devices and might wipe some existing files. They always connect after the initial boot up.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Should I connect to internet after the initial boot up or should I connect during the boot up? Asking this because on some videos I saw that connecting to internet will sync some info across devices and might wipe some existing files. They always connect after the initial boot up.
That’s only if you set it to sync and only if your other devices are configured to sync. It’s something you can disable in the startup options and then enable another time.

I would have it connected to internet personally.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
With a virgin copy of Windows no sync settings will exist so no synching will take place. Connect as soon as you're asked, though if you're cable attached it will connect anyway.