Floating Keyboard - Defined?

pwat

Has the meaning of "Floating Keyboard " been defined? Eg. in the context of Ultranote IV.
(Sorry if this has already been clarified - I couldn't find it)
Thanks.
(PS - System says I'm a new member, but I was here in 2017)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Has the meaning of "Floating Keyboard " been defined? Eg. in the context of Ultranote IV.
(Sorry if this has already been clarified - I couldn't find it)
Thanks.
(PS - System says I'm a new member, but I was here in 2017)
What do you mean "defined"?

pwat

Maybe instead of "Defined" I should have said "Explained" or "Described".
Looking at the 14" UltraNote IV, in "Detailed Specification", under "Keyboard & Mouse" the spec says "Multi Language A4 size Floating Keyboard"
In the context of this or any other laptop keyboard; why "Floating"? What is meant by "Floating"? How does it, and its' use differ from any other keyboard which does not "Float".
(Thanks for your very swift response.)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Maybe instead of "Defined" I should have said "Explained" or "Described".
Looking at the 14" UltraNote IV, in "Detailed Specification", under "Keyboard & Mouse" the spec says "Multi Language A4 size Floating Keyboard"
In the context of this or any other laptop keyboard; why "Floating"? What is meant by "Floating"? How does it, and its' use differ from any other keyboard which does not "Float".
(Thanks for your very swift response.)
It’s just a normal laptop keyboard. No different to any other, butterfly switches, standard ABS caps.

“Floating keyboard” normally relates to a digital keyboard such as the in built windows one.

pwat

I deduce your reply is based on your knowledge of the 14" UltraNote IV model - Correct?
In which case (from your knowledge) this model has butterfly keys (as opposed to scissor), with moulded ABS key caps (as opposed to PBT - Fair enough).
My encounters with the term "Floating Keyboard" have been limited to the context of on-screen keyboards, eg as on most mobile devices.
Hence the use of the word "Floating" in this laptop spec seems unhelpful.
Thanks for your help.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
If they do, please let us know.

My expectation is that it's variation in component prices which is normal and can happy at any point.

I assume the prices on the page showing all the laptops don't automatically update to reflect a (for example) £3 rise in there cost of a 4gb RAM stick here, or a £4 rise in the cost of a 240gb SSD there. Prices can and do also fall. It's not a deliberate 'sneaking up' of prices if that's what you're implying, I suspect.

Moreover, as you can order laptops without windows if you want, the "From" price is only a guide anyway and you can easily buy the chassis for less.

pwat

PCS's response re "Floating keyboard"
"A floating keyboard, basically means the keyboard has a membrane underneath it allowing the computer to recognise the key stroke when it is compressed, this keyboard can detect multiple keys selected at any given time for smoother movement between keys, and responds to the keys being pressed whilst another key may be held down. I do believe the terminology used here does not reflect how the keyboard works, but it is the information that is provided to us from the supplier."

PCS's response re "Pricing anomaly on website" (See yesterday)
"I have passed this information across for our web team to review, with regards to the prices this is not something I can amend, however the Website does state “from” £370.00, this is a default message as our prices do change on a daily basis, we amend the total figures but the images and screen pages, do not get implemented immediately. So as basic message on the website we advertise from, this amount depending on the value of the components and the selections made."

Case adjourned?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PCS's response re "Floating keyboard"
"A floating keyboard, basically means the keyboard has a membrane underneath it allowing the computer to recognise the key stroke when it is compressed, this keyboard can detect multiple keys selected at any given time for smoother movement between keys, and responds to the keys being pressed whilst another key may be held down. I do believe the terminology used here does not reflect how the keyboard works, but it is the information that is provided to us from the supplier."

PCS's response re "Pricing anomaly on website" (See yesterday)
"I have passed this information across for our web team to review, with regards to the prices this is not something I can amend, however the Website does state “from” £370.00, this is a default message as our prices do change on a daily basis, we amend the total figures but the images and screen pages, do not get implemented immediately. So as basic message on the website we advertise from, this amount depending on the value of the components and the selections made."

Case adjourned?
I'm glad you asked, I would never have known that about the keyboard!