Folding WC Loop

Sleinous

Author Level
Hey all,

Finally finished my first wc loop, thought i'd share while I have a second.

Picture31.jpg

Picture28-1.jpg

Picture25-1.jpg

Picture23-1.jpg

45709ee4.jpg

18470907.jpg

8ae23b7a.jpg

13d57281.jpg

3f6e3086.jpg

6d568329.jpg

f70e12a7.jpg

Link to full build progress: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=1032611

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
I did have AMD ones too but they were on the front side panel (the old non-clear windowed one) which ive since replaced.

Quattrix

I can't believe that is your first attempt at a watercooling rig, looks a lot neater then I've seen even some professionals do!

Very clean and nice :).

It looks as though you've fitted a triple and a single rad in that case, was there any mods needed for this or could they all fit by default in that case?

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
They could all fit by default however the triple XSPC had to be turned upside down (the lettering is upside down) for it to fit, however this actually helped me immensely, as it was alot easier to get rid of air from inside the loop as a result.

Stay tuned for the last upgrades (changing CPU from last position in loop to first, adding a 480mm rad, and another GTX 560 Ti

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
man, are you not worried about breaking these really expensive parts, if the parts werent costing me much id be interested in something similar but i dont want to wreck it

Sleinous

Author Level
If you're careful there is as much risk as there is of an AIO leaking or a fin flying off a fan attached to an air cooled CPU heatsink and chopping a solder point off a GPU :)P)

Teaz

Godlike
how much your whole wc system cost you mr sleinous? and how long it take you to set this all up?

Sleinous

Author Level
Lol, I love the bed of stickers. :)

I have a Danger Den Torture Rack SR-2 coming and will likely build my next rig into that soon. For the time being it will act as another dedicated folding rig with an i7 930, EVGA X58 FTW3, and triple EVGA GTX 460 EE.

The spec I currently own is around £3000 i'd say. Obviously teh Rampage 3 and i7 930 have now depreciated in value, but the GTX 580 and triple GTX 560 Ti are still expensive cards. All the WC'ing is around £1.5K, AX1200 PSU was £200, cable management a further £100 etc etc

My Danger Den Torture Rack will not have any stickers apart from custom etching at the factory: "EVGA Folding Team".

687825601_qMpPF-XL.jpg

Note: The SR-2 torture rack is far bigger, includes 10 expansion slots, and fits HPTX , XLATX , ATX, and EATX motherboards. The EVGA SR-2 dual-socket Xeon motherboard is an example of an HPTX motherboard:

3-17-10-classifiedsr2-600.jpg

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
you buy rigs just for folding? i will just be leaving mine on overnight to do it, not buy rigs to do it

Teaz

Godlike
All the WC'ing is around £1.5K!
you just made alot of the guys rig felt a tad weasy lool

AX1200 PSU was £200, cable management a further £100 etc etc
lool thats pretty much near the full amount of a beginner desktop or a netbook.

do post pics up soon when you do build it! im sure a blog of your steps will achieve you some good reps lol :D

i dont know how folding exactly works but what achievement do you get out of your folding slein?

Sleinous

Author Level
I dont know how folding exactly works but what achievement do you get out of your folding slein?

All folding does is number crunch the raw data that scientists at universities worldwide actually need in order to even begin to do any sort of research / project on a particular disease etc.

I don't believe in putting money in charity boxes as I never know where it ends up so this is my way of giving back to the world & believe you me it's not cheap to fold, especially with GPUs. If I won the lottery i'd just fold on Xeons.