Force update EC firmware

kamma

Hello,

is there a method, how to force update EC firmware on Octane series laptop ?
I tried all methods (UEFI, DOS, WIN) and the procedure always fails. Probably i have damaged EC firmware, because keyboard and touchpad doesn't work.

thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello,

is there a method, how to force update EC firmware on Octane series laptop ?
I tried all methods (UEFI, DOS, WIN) and the procedure always fails. Probably i have damaged EC firmware, because keyboard and touchpad doesn't work.

thanks
Any form of firmware or BIOS update needs to be done with PCS guidance otherwise you void the warranty.

Best to contact them.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
no problem with voiding warranty. my laptop is almost 2 years old.
It's still in warranty. Basic warranty is 3 years.

It's still best to contact PCS, none of us would know how to update that without their guidance, it's not a normal process.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
TBH trying to force the update is foolish. If it won't update it's because there's something amiss, you need to establish what that is rather than try the big hammer first....

Sent using Tapatalk

kamma

trust me, i already tried everything.
there is a big probability, that EC is HW damaged.
this is the reason, i need to try to force flash it.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
It helps to say exactly what you tried rather than "I tried everything". As above it is also worth discussing with PCS directly.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
trust me, i already tried everything.
there is a big probability, that EC is HW damaged.
this is the reason, i need to try to force flash it.

If that is the case, and you need to contact PCS to confirm that, then trying to force an update is unwise in the extreme. Ubuysa's rule #8 - Fix the problem not the symptoms.

Sent using Tapatalk