Forex Trading setup

ryawol

Hi there,

Can anyone give me advice on my PC build, its mainly set up for day trading the FX market as i'll have a few programs open at one time including a few browser tabs. I only really play DOTA 2 and maybe CS GO now and again so hoping this build will be enough to handle both games at full performance aswell.
This build amounts to around £830 of which £800 was my original budget, any cost saving options would be greatly appreciated. Specs below.

Many Thanks.

Case PCS SR-620C MID TOWER CASE Processor
(CPU) AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six Core CPU (3.6GHz-4.25GHz/19MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard ASUS® PRIME A320M-K: Micro-ATX, AM4, USB 3.0, 6GB/s
Memory(RAM) 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card 8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
1st Storage Drive 240GB ADATA SU630 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive 250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 2300MB/W)
Power Supply CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling PCS FrostFlow 100 V2 Series High Performance CPU Cooler (AMD)
Thermal Paste COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Why the 2 SSDs? How are you using them / what are you putting on each?

Are you connecting to your network with wifi or with a wired connection?

ryawol

Thanks for your reply,
Very new to building my own PC so looking for some advice.

I put the M.2 SSD for a faster boot up, I'm guessing I should just go for a normal HDD for my 1st storage drive?

I will be connecting with a wired connection giving me up to 200 mbps but I'd like to have the option to switch to wifi.

Many Thanks.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I put the M.2 SSD for a faster boot up, I'm guessing I should just go for a normal HDD for my 1st storage drive?

Probably.

You want a very fast SSD for Windows and programs, given your uses as a trader. General mass storage - e.g. your media collection - doesn't need to be on an SSD. HDDs still offer much more storage per £.

The SU630 is for when you want an SSD but are on an absolute shoestring budget. It's very budget level and under some conditions can actually be slower than an HDD. For your uses I don't think there's any point to a 2nd SSD at all, and if there were it shouldn't be the SU630! :)

Otherwise the spec seems sound for your needs - I'd probably recommend a better case. e.g. Fractal Focus G.

ryawol

Thanks for your help,

I've gone for the 250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 and the 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD as my main storage. I've also added the case you recommended.

In regards to my graphics card will I need a 2nd one as i'll be using 4 monitors as the AMD RX 580 says it supports 5? Does it come with 4 ports (dvi/vga/hdmi)? How would I be able to connect 4 monitors?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I believe the RX 580 will have 3 DP, 1 HDMI, and 1 DVI.

If you had, say, 4 monitors all with HDMI only, then you could plug one in with HDMI and the other 3 with DP to HDMI cables which are £5 on Amazon (or PCS sell some too as extras). The 580 is a good choice for gaming and multiple monitors.

I've gone for the 250GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2 and the 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD as my main storage.
That's a solid choice - and 250gb SSD + 1TB HDD is a very popular combo.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The Ryzen 5 2600X should be more than enough for your trading programs and browser tabs, and the Radeon RX 580 should handle both DOTA 2 and CS GO with ease.

Any reason for the Necro? The post you're replying to is from 2019. Only reason I highlight is to flag against spamming :)