Format Windows

Hi

so today I decided to format my laptop went to reset this pc like I have done before and now my laptop is stuck in a constant boot loop and I can’t get back into windows to try it again

blue screen with your device ran into a problem we will restart it for you

any help please

D

Deleted member 17413

When you say format... are you talking about reinstalling windows?
Do you have a boot USB?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think this is your best bet

Download a new copy of Windows using the Media Creation Tool to an 8GB (min) USB.
Boot that USB and choose a Custom Install.
Delete all UEFI partitions on the system drive (EFI System, Recovery, MSR Reserved, Primary).
Select the unallocated space that results and click the Next button. The installer will create the correct partitions and install Windows.
Run Windows Update repeatedly, even across reboots, until no more updates are found.
You may need/want to download and install the latest graphics driver from the Nvidia website (they change so regularly the latest version isn't always in the Windows libraries).

Rakk

The Awesome
The installation tool will wipe everything on the drive you are using, so whilst it might work from an external USB hard drive, if you have anything on said hard drive you'd need to store it elsewhere first.

D

Deleted member 17413

Yes, you would have to set it in the boot up options to boot from an external drive still.

And as mentioned, it'll wipe everything on it. Best bet is to just buy a USB, they're pretty cheap and its useful to have, for times just like now!

D

Deleted member 17413

If you search for "boot from external HDD" theres quite a few guides on it...