Formula 1

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The word 'classics' kinda means different things to different people. I have a lot of what would be called classical music favourites but I've stayed away from those for this. All of these are 'classic's in my view one way or another and all are fixtures on my 'favourites' playlist....

I'm only allowed five media items per post so that will have to do. :)
I wouldn't have known that last one was the F1 theme tune, but then i haven't watched high speed follow the leader for years

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I'm sorry, but if you think it's boring then you don't understand it.
This is going to be a matter of opinion, and if that's your stance then I don't care about yours. Please don't presume to tell me what I do and don't understand.

I used to really enjoy F1 but like I said, it's really lost it's edge for me over the best part of the last decade.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This is going to be a matter of opinion, and if that's your stance then I don't care about yours. Please don't presume to tell me what I do and don't understand.

I used to really enjoy F1 but like I said, it's really lost it's edge for me over the best part of the last decade.
Merry Christmas you you too. I'm done here.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
F1 is the most strategic of all motor racing in my view - the tiniest of detail makes the tiniest of difference which can have a massive impact on results. However I do agree that on ocassion that strategic element does occasionally lead to somewhat unexciting races - like Abu Dhabi for example. :rolleyes:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I hope you all watched the Historic F1 at Monaco a couple of weekends back!

Now, I still like modern F1 (with its politics, back-stabbing, etc.), and have marshalled at both British & Belgian GPs (was also supposed to do the Abu Dhabi inaugural race some years back, but couldn't get the required signatures in time), but watching those historic (pre-war to 1980) monsters belting around with straight 6s, V8s, flat 8s, V12s and H16s bouncing off the walls was something else.

Both days are available on Youtube if you have a few hours to spare.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
As I said in the thread about Murray Walker's death the other month, I was a fairly committed but casual fan of F1 growing up, but since it went behind a paywall, I've found myself not bothered enough to watch it, so it pretty much passes me by now. That being said, I do enjoy playing Motorsport Manager which has created a fun racing world which is enjoyable to play, and can appreciate the strategy, etc behind the racing.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
This season F1 has been really worth watching. It has been very close with a lot of overtaking. Mercedes’ strategy in the last race was brilliant.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I hope you all watched the Historic F1 at Monaco a couple of weekends back!

Now, I still like modern F1 (with its politics, back-stabbing, etc.), and have marshalled at both British & Belgian GPs (was also supposed to do the Abu Dhabi inaugural race some years back, but couldn't get the required signatures in time), but watching those historic (pre-war to 1980) monsters belting around with straight 6s, V8s, flat 8s, V12s and H16s bouncing off the walls was something else.

Both days are available on Youtube if you have a few hours to spare.
Back when i was younger i used to mechanic for a guy who raced formula Junior (he ran a lotus 21), and we used to be at all the races with other historic classes, it was a joy to watch the likes of a 3 Liter Bentley be driven (raced) through the chicanes at places like castle combe

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Historically I've been a pretty casual viewer of F1, I'll watch a race here or there but never really followed it massively... Until the race in Sakhir last season (the one where Russell scored a pretty disappointing result in the Merc), I've been hooked ever since (which wasn't great as we were just moving into the off season 😂 ) so was definetly happy to see a thread pop up relating to F1.

Currently aboard the Hamilton, Norris and Russell hype trains and excited to see what happens for them all this year. Team wise, I don't really religiously follow any of them but I'd say McLaren is a favourite if I had to pick. Would be great to hear who all of you support/ follow in what could be a fantastic season!