Formula 1

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I have been fortunate to have been driven around a Grand Prix circuit. OK, it was a street circuit. I was in Monaco for work a few years ago, a couple of weeks before the GP. The course had been constructed, with all the barriers in place and the pits built. There was even a gantry with an advert for Ferrodo. The person I was visiting took me for a spin in his Audi TT around the course. While we didn’t achieve F1 speeds, it was fortunate that there were no police cars around. We may have slightly exceeded the speed limit in proving that it is possible to overtake at Monaco.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I have been fortunate to have been driven around a Grand Prix circuit. OK, it was a street circuit. I was in Monaco for work a few years ago, a couple of weeks before the GP. The course had been constructed, with all the barriers in place and the pits built. There was even a gantry with an advert for Ferrodo. The person I was visiting took me for a spin in his Audi TT around the course. While we didn’t achieve F1 speeds, it was fortunate that there were no police cars around. We may have slightly exceeded the speed limit in proving that it is possible to overtake at Monaco.
What was your lap time then? ;)

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
There is a great video showing the extent of Red Bull's 'bendy' wing, something Hamilton (who rarely misses things like this) noticed in the Spanish GP. It is very noticeable, mostly at the end of the straights as the wing elevates.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A few teams 'bend' the rules regularly, some get away with it for far longer though, but that's partly due to the way the technical regs are worded, so that unless it's specifically mentioned it's not technically illegal.

It's like 'dieselgate' where the emissions defeat device only came into play when the car was tested - everywhere else it gave you full power/emissions.