Forum: Highlighted text

steaky360

Aye I've noticed this issue since the forum update quite some time ago, not sure if it 'can' be fixed but its been raised before.

Its a bit darker on my laptop screen (ever so slightly) but I can hardly see it on my desktop monitor.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Aye I've noticed this issue since the forum update quite some time ago, not sure if it 'can' be fixed but its been raised before.

Its a bit darker on my laptop screen (ever so slightly) but I can hardly see it on my desktop monitor.
It's very weird, as mine's in light blue when I highlight text in someone else's post, but becomes very light grey when I highlight text in my replies (i.e. when editing).

steaky360

It's very weird, as mine's in light blue when I highlight text in someone else's post, but becomes very light grey when I highlight text in my replies (i.e. when editing).
Yup same here, its also light blue when selecting your own text after you've finished the post and 'saved' or 'posted'. I expect the 'light blue' is a different kind of highlight, I'm sure someone knows the technical explanation :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I highlighted it when it first came about (pun intended). It was said to be getting looked at but nothing ever came of it. It's a nightmare for me to be honest as I get tagged in things quite a bit but never know what notifications I have viewed and what ones I haven't. Previously when hitting the notification list, it would highlight the ones that weren't yet viewed. Now as soon as I click the notification button all the notifications are cleared. This is fine when I only have a couple and I can see which ones they are but when it hits 10+ (which is very regularly) I completely lose track and I miss stuff. I know there's nothing I can do about it but I don't want people thinking I'm ignorant...... at least not when I'm not intentionally doing it :D

As much as the highlighting in the edit box not working is a complete pain, the usefulness of the notification panel is a much higher priority for me.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I highlighted it when it first came about (pun intended). It was said to be getting looked at but nothing ever came of it. It's a nightmare for me to be honest as I get tagged in things quite a bit but never know what notifications I have viewed and what ones I haven't. Previously when hitting the notification list, it would highlight the ones that weren't yet viewed. Now as soon as I click the notification button all the notifications are cleared. This is fine when I only have a couple and I can see which ones they are but when it hits 10+ (which is very regularly) I completely lose track and I miss stuff. I know there's nothing I can do about it but I don't want people thinking I'm ignorant...... at least not when I'm not intentionally doing it :D

As much as the highlighting in the edit box not working is a complete pain, the usefulness of the notification panel is a much higher priority for me.
Totally agree about notifications