Fractal R4 SLI

DaxInside

Silver Level Poster
I received some help from members on here with reducing GPU temperatures in my new rig so I thought i'd post a couple of pictures up to show the finished result.

Ive added 4 Bitfenix 140mm Spectre Blue fans att he front/top and a Scythe Slip Stream Slim 120mm Fan at the bottom.
Also added a couple of LED light strips and a window side panel.

Using MSI afterbruner to change the GPU fan profile and with the addded fans I have brought the GPU temps down to a max of 80.

Overall a nice rig but it isn't very quiet. Not much of a problem for me but may be an issue for others that may choose this case.

Lastly I spent a bit of time tidying up the cables behind the desk and PC so it looks much nicer now.

Spec;
Case
FRACTAL DEFINE R4 BLACK PEARL QUIET MID-TOWER CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® Z87-A: ATX, USB2.0, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
Memory (RAM)
16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)
Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card
4GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 770 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
480GB INTEL® 520 SERIES SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 550MB/sR | 520MB/sW)
2nd Hard Disk
3TB WD CAVIAR GREEN WD30EZRX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
10x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW
Power Supply
CORSAIR 850W PRO SERIES™ HX850-80 PLUS® GOLD MODULAR (£139)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H60 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler (£59)
Sound Card
SB Z OEM

Attachments

• photo(1).JPG
    photo(1).JPG
    660.9 KB · Views: 186
  • photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    552.6 KB · Views: 182
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    387.1 KB · Views: 184

garamo

Bronze Level Poster
Very nice, that looks great. How are your temps? I was thinking about upgrading my PSU and adding a second 7950 but was concerned about that sort of set up in my R3. I've added a second front intake fan and a top exhaust too, guess I could add a side fan too if needs be.

DaxInside

Silver Level Poster
Thank you.

Using MSI Afterburner I am getting 80 degrees while playing BF3 on ultra. I have also turned adaptive v-sync on which limits the GPU output when over 60fps.

I had the R3 before this with an SLI setup as well. The side fan made the biggest difference so if you go ahead with your plans and see temps that are too high then that would be my first port of call. The R4 is pretty much the same as the R3 except its slightly wider. A really like the look of them.

When the weather cools down the temps will be less of a problem. I wasn't overly impressed PCS shipped my PC with only 2 fans, temps were over 90 on the GPU. But it has been sorted now so i won't go on.

The sound card doesn't have the nice looking cover on it either for some reason, bit of a shame when using a window but no big deal.

garamo

Bronze Level Poster
Ok thank you. I'll probably sling the side fan in as well then. I hit about 64 max at the moment (during the heat wave) and I'd like to keep things as low as I can obviously. I love the FD R range of cases too, nice to have something that isn't so loud looking. Mine is very quiet as long as I'm not doing graphics stuff too which is a must for me.

I guess all the parts they use are OEM which is why your soundcard looks plain I imagine. The GPU I got originally was the same.

DaxInside

Silver Level Poster
That's a nice low temp, if I were you I would see what happens without any new fans first and then add them if needed.