Free anti - virus software?

jonny123

Bright Spark
Ive just restored my computer as it had a few problems with it (Assuming it was through viruses) so is there any good free programs i can download to protect my pc?.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Last edited:

waynedance

Gold Level Poster
I just stick the the Microsoft security essentials as well and use Advanced system car free to keep system clean. I have used Malwarebytes before but not installed since fresh install.

Jedimaca

Bronze Level Poster
I have been using Avast anti virus for a few years now and highly recommend it. It's better than a few I have paid for like norton, mac fee etc.. It's caught all the virus I have thrown at it. I have tested it by downloading files I knew contained viruses and it caught them all like a trooper...it also stops attacks from web pages by disconnecting before it has a chance to attack..overall I'd say it's one of the best I have ever used and it is also light on resources and doesn't bog your system down like Mcafee does. Give it a whirl you won't regret it. But if your ultra paranoid like me don't trust windows altogether and dual boot a Linux distro.. I do all my Internet shopping and banking on Linux and the majority of web browsing and mainly use windows for gaming as not all games are compatible through wine on Linux.

jonny123

Bright Spark
My internet was down yesterday so i couldent reply but thanks to everyone for posting,Ive went with what vanthus said so thanks :p.