Freesync brightness flickering with Dell S3220DGF

FilDen

I'm posting this because maybe it'll be helpful to someone!

A few days ago I received my brand new amazing computer (5600X + RX 6700 XT) and after I finished setting it up I played a couple of games on it and I honestly had a blast and on my monitor (Dell S3220DGF, VA, 1440p, 165Hz) everything looks fantastic! However I experienced pretty bad brightness flickering when the Hz of my monitor fluctuates due to the FreeSync. I searched a bit online but I couldn't find anything useful. At the end I thought to just disable freesync and that it was my monitor's fault. However this morning I changed from HDMI (2.0) to DP (1.2) and now the flickering is almost gone! not completely, but it's way better than before. Also my monitor has a 1.4 DP and so a few days ago I ordered on Amazon a DP 1.4 cable that should arrive tomorrow. I hope that that will fix this issue for good! This morning I also read that someone managed to fix this issue thanks to a Vesa certified DP 1.4 cable but unfortunately the one I ordered is not certified, so in case it won't work I'll order a certified one.