Freeview HD PVR HTPC Spec

tintin

I had thought of getting a Panasonic freeview hd pvr with blu ray recorder DMR-BTW800. But for the price I thought I might be able to get something that does more like a HTPC. However I am unsure if a HTPC will still be able to work as a PVR like the Panasonic. I would like to set up Freeview HD recordings and leave it in a standby mode and then maybe burn some recordings to a blu ray disc. It also needs to work with a remote. I believe I need to use Windows media centre and i will need to buy a Blackgold DVB-T2 PCIe card and install it myself. Can anyone tell me if a HTPC will work like this along with other basic PC functions.

Can anyone also recommend a spec as I have little idea of HTPCs. It needs atleast 1 tb HDD and a blu ray recorder and a usb3.0 port. Anything else like cpu and motherboard I have no idea, but I read I may need 4 gb RAM. For wifi i think i need a usb adaptor as there won't be enough pci slots once the tv card is installed.

Any help on this and recommendations on specs is greatly appreciated.

PS The cheaper the better but I would like to keep the cost to between £500-£700 as i need to spend around £100 on the DVB-T2 card