Frightening photo-realistic Meta Avatars

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This really scares me.

And it's not just because it looks like Mark Zuckerberg, although that is a reason to be terrified to ones soul!

These are the new Avatars that Meta is looking to eventually implement into it's "metaverse" if that ever actually takes off, which I sincerely hope it doesn't.

This is all real time computer generated, he's not speaking into the mic, it's from typed text (so they claim)

This scares me because of the implications to personal security, if someone was to hack an account, how easy would it be for them to pass off being that person on a video call or phonecall.

There needs to be some serious security if this is going to become a reality.

Knowing their propensity to claim things that just aren't true, there's every chance this was filmed in front of a greenscreen and then brought into the digital sphere.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
This really scares me.

And it's not just because it looks like Mark Zuckerberg, although that is a reason to be terrified to ones soul!

These are the new Avatars that Meta is looking to eventually implement into it's "metaverse" if that ever actually takes off, which I sincerely hope it doesn't.

This is all real time computer generated, he's not speaking into the mic, it's from typed text (so they claim)

This scares me because of the implications to personal security, if someone was to hack an account, how easy would it be for them to pass off being that person on a video call or phonecall.

There needs to be some serious security if this is going to become a reality.

Knowing their propensity to claim things that just aren't true, there's every chance this was filmed in front of a greenscreen and then brought into the digital sphere.

id rather jab my eye with a Falk than use the metaverse

but thats just me so 🤷‍♀️

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I'm happy to jab you in the eye too!

The only form of 'social media' I use is forums. Had a MySpace account until the mid-00s, had a Facebook account from 2007 until 2013 and have never had an account on Twitter/TikTok/Instagram.

Don't even use my LinkedIn account anymore as it's just full of as many adverts as the others...and the job offers you get are either spam or the recruiters haven't read your profile properly. Either way they can FRO.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

What's a Falk? Isn't that some legend in a dirty Mac? It would be challenging to insert him into your eye, kudos on attempting it I say!

_methode_times_prodmigration_web_bin_fdf98896-0ed2-3f7a-96e1-10f4b14fe092.jpg