FrostFlow 150

ThoRob

Silver Level Poster
Appologies if this is already known and please correct me if the information is incorrect.

I originally wanted a coolmaster hyper 212 for my system however it was unavailable as an option with the 12400F system.
In the end I went for the FrostFlow 150 which I could find not information on and worried me slightly.
However I have since found this review stating it was a rebranded ID-Cooling SE-225-XT.

I then looked up information on this and (in this test at least) it seemed to perform significantly better at cooling than the Coolmaster 212 for roughly the same noise level.

If correct they are also £50 on Amazon and only £31 for the same at PCS

MrWilson

Godlike
Appologies if this is already known and please correct me if the information is incorrect.

I originally wanted a coolmaster hyper 212 for my system however it was unavailable as an option with the 12400F system.
In the end I went for the FrostFlow 150 which I could find not information on and worried me slightly.
However I have since found this review stating it was a rebranded ID-Cooling SE-225-XT.

I then looked up information on this and (in this test at least) it seemed to perform significantly better at cooling than the Coolmaster 212 for roughly the same noise level.

If correct they are also £50 on Amazon and only £31 for the same at PCS
This is a great find, thank you for doing your due dilligence in researching the Frostflow 150. Definitely looks like a strong performer based on the article!

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Many of PCS branded coolers seem to ID Cooling originals. My Frostflow 100 V3 is an SE-224-XT for example. Overwhelmingly positive reviews discovered during my own research on ID Coolings stuff generally speaking....

However, with the majority of reviews the performance is tested as a moment-in-time snapshot only. Only time will tell if longevity can be included in the expectations!

ThoRob

Silver Level Poster
I also found a review that there is very little performance difference between the SE-224 and SE 225 which might be worth noting for those on a tight budget. (can't find the review again now but will post if I find it)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Decided to give these coolers a fair run too and ordered a couple machines with them installed. The ones I've went for are below and they are being used in computers primarily running CAD, Revit, Navisworks and Smart Plant. So far they seem to be running very solid with no issues in temps. Longevity is what I'm really keen on though and these are all fairly recent machines

PCS Frostflow 200
2No. PCS Frostflow 100 V3
212 Hyper from Coolermaster to compare

The Frostflow 100 V3's seem similar to the 212 Hyper in performance but in terms of feel the 212 feels a little better in quality

The FF200 is massive though which surprised me a little

Need to remember to check in here in a years time to see if they're still going strong but so far no issues