Frying Pan Inside my Laptop ???

liamnic2

Super Star
yo guys

Im actually using my mums laptop because my current laptop has died but I dont know what happened. I was playing some games, which stress my laptop and usaully causes it to shut down and restart. But this time it restarted in safe mode and I had a screen with inputs for commands like some sort of programming tool.
I tried to give it commands like "start", "end" etc... Then my laptop turned off and started making a weird noise like something was being fried or something electical was happening. The weird thing is though is that If I plug it into the charger the little light comes on to say its charging but if I try and turn it on it turns on for a nano-second and cuts out again. Do you think it has totally died ? If it can be repaired I could it to my sister, that depends on how much it costs to be repaired.

Really ironic this happening after I posted my other thread lol

Turtle

This might be a noob question but have you cleaned it? The fans get clogged up with dust without proper maintenance.

Xii_Damian

Bronze Level Poster
sounds like a possible dead something inside, I wanna vote motherboard but I wouldn't be 100% I doubt it would be the fans. When it does attempt to boot do the fans start up, if not you could have broke fans, laptops will boot without fans there just likely to hit the temperature max faster and auto shut down.

Xoil

Ive had problems like this with my parents laptop, the internal parts overheat extremely quickly and the system goes FUBAR, If it is a fan speed problem there might be bios update that could fix it. But theres always a danger with bios updates.

liamnic2

Super Star
Its now fully dead. Wont even try to start. Getting new PC ordered in August but my Mum still wants to take the laptop back to PC WORLD and get the laptop repaired, cant wait to here the great prices they offer lol