Fusion IV Touchpad random freeze (Ubuntu 19.10)

nOne

Hello,

I have recently acquired a fusion IV model laptop and installed Ubuntu 19.10 on it. Everything works fine (mostly) but the mouse freezes randomly and the only solution I have found is to restart the computer. Precision: everything else works fine, but the mouse (when using the touchpad) randomly becomes unresponsive and never recovers. (Using a usb mouse allows to move the cursor even though the touchpad is unresponsive, so I don't think it's the drivers (unless there are different drivers for usb and touchpad)

Has anyone else experienced similar issues ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hello,

I have recently acquired a fusion IV model laptop and installed Ubuntu 19.10 on it. Everything works fine (mostly) but the mouse freezes randomly and the only solution I have found is to restart the computer. Precision: everything else works fine, but the mouse (when using the touchpad) randomly becomes unresponsive and never recovers. (Using a usb mouse allows to move the cursor even though the touchpad is unresponsive, so I don't think it's the drivers (unless there are different drivers for usb and touchpad)

Has anyone else experienced similar issues ?
There are different drivers for an external mouse and a trackpad.

But there is also often a shortcut to disable the trackpad usually by tapping an area of the trackpad twice.

If you search for "touchpad" in windows start menu, then open up "additional settings":

2020-02-18 17_22_17-Window.png

Make sure the touchpad is enabled?

nOne

Make sure the touchpad is enabled?

I have already verified that the touchpad is indeed enabled when it stops responding. Unfortunately it's not just that...

There are different drivers for an external mouse and a trackpad.

Maybe I could try installing/updating the touchpad driver then? Do you happen to know the model of touchpad in the Fusion IV series ? Or where I could find the drivers ?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have already verified that the touchpad is indeed enabled when it stops responding. Unfortunately it's not just that...

Maybe I could try installing/updating the touchpad driver then? Do you happen to know the model of touchpad in the Fusion IV series ? Or where I could find the drivers ?
The drivers should be in the download section of your main PCS account.