Fusion

Purchased the following laptop for Christmas in order to replace a 10 year old Vaio because of its size.

Chassis & Display Fusion Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H (2.2GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 Max-Q - 6.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive 1TB WD Black™ M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3400MB/s R | 2800MB/s W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive 1TB WD Black™ M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3400MB/s R | 2800MB/s W)
Memory Card Reader Integrated 2 in 1 Memory Card Reader (SD, MMC)
AC Adaptor 1 x 150W AC Adaptor
Battery Fusion Series 62WH Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal Paste STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-9260 M.2 (1.73Gbps, 802.11AC) +BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options 1 x USB 3.1 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.1 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language FUSION SERIES RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE
Webcam INTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM

Heat
While being used as a work machine on a wooden desk there is no noticeable heat coming through the keyboard.

Speakers
You can listen to some music but I would advise you to get some external speakers since they aren't as loud as you might want to think

Connectivity
Pretty much everything you could ask for and a bit more as shown in the picture there is a power socket, USB-C, HDMI and 2 display ports on the rear.

For work

This thing is fast! The 6 cores of the i7 8750H processor is going to handle pretty much anything you throw at it while using it as a workstation. Compiling large and complex programs is going to happen much quicker than a lower powered laptop. The screen is good enough that my eyes don’t feel stressed even after a long day of work. Colour is reproduced well and 1080p on a 15.6 inch screen is enough for me. It boots in less than 10 secs with my NVME hard drive, and I really love sitting down to work on this thing.

The low key look of the laptop also means that I am very happy to take it with me into a meeting.

Windows 10 makes it very easy to limit CPU usage to make the laptop completely silent through the advanced power settings management, a really useful setting for when you aren’t doing anything taxing and would just like silence.

Battery life is roughly 2 hours using the laptop for browsing, light programming and word processing. Pretty abysmal but to be expected with a processor this powerful.

I get this annoying error when booting up in the Windows event log which after searching I found out that I need to upgrade the bios or that the pc has issues. If anyone has any ideas plz msg me cause I didn't find an upgrade to the bios so far.

The speed of processor XX in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 73982 seconds since the last report.

Other than that everything seems to work fine.

Attachments

• 20190202_115733.jpg
    20190202_115733.jpg
    827.1 KB · Views: 324
  • 20190202_115812.jpg
    20190202_115812.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 350
  • 20190202_115832.jpg
    20190202_115832.jpg
    821.8 KB · Views: 329

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Many thanks for the detailed review and pictures! :)

Regarding the boot error, I strongly suggest you phone PCS and ask their advice, they can tell you whether a BIOS upgrade is needed. In any case it's never wise to flash the BIOS without having spoken to PCS first.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
try dropping a mail at customer care.
i appreciate the way you have explained the issue.
Regards.

TBH it's always wiser to phone PCS. When they are particularly busy (which is pretty much all the time) email isn't always the best option. :)