Fx 4100

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
3.3GHz or 3.6GHz? on the main page it says 3.3GHz but on the chart it is 3.6GHz

also is turbo core just an on/off button in the BIOS, and is there anything i need?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
and another question now that ive started this thread, i want to sli my 580s and the config thing says 841w when i put in two with my spec (not the one in my signature) but i am getting an Akasa Venom Toxic and Venom Voodoo which are obviously not calculated into it, im also considering cathodes although probably not a great idea, but i do have other additions (the spec has an SSD, i will be using my laptop drive and external HDD for now and then get a caviar green/black later) as well as additional fans, RAM, 5.25" thingys, and maybe some other stuff, but the problem is that it really stretches my budget with the 1050w whereas the 850w is fine in price, the only option is an Antec one on amazon which is 1000w and £40 cheaper than the one here... decisions decisions.... getting so close now can't wait, might even order it sometime this week or next week

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Scrap that, just remembered i hadnt added the price for the case/cooler, 580 is out of budget now :( i really want triple screen that is the problem, but would need 3GB one anyway oh well, hopefully im rich when i return to PCS for another PC

rudolph93

Silver Level Poster
hmm so is th fx-4100 a 3.6ghz cpu or a 3.3? curious myself now, might be tempted to change my order.

Phoenix

Prolific Poster
The FX-4100 has a base frequency of 3.6Ghz and is able to turbo boost up to 3.8Ghz. It's a 2 module, 4 core CPU; each module contains 2 cores. You can edit the turbo settings in the bios but unless you have better cooling than the stock cooler it's not a good idea.

UndeadJack

Master Poster
The FX-4100 has a base frequency of 3.6Ghz and is able to turbo boost up to 3.8Ghz. It's a 2 module, 4 core CPU; each module contains 2 cores. You can edit the turbo settings in the bios but unless you have better cooling than the stock cooler it's not a good idea.

ergh - *cough* core2duo with hyperthreading much *cough*