Galaxy s4 vs Htc one .... decisions decisions ...

kruppsy

Master
Yea you keep the phone at the end of the term, whatever happens. You can then, re-negotiate a new tariff with a new phone or cancel and change provider. You could just keep paying the same and keep the same handset if you wanted (if you don't say anything it'll just roll over to a month-by-month contract) but its always nice to get something new and there's always room to negotiate to get the price down a bit. :) Its often good to play a few companies off against each other to get the best deal. Cancelling or re-negotiating early will usually incur costs, although some providers let you upgrade to a new handset early if you plan to stay with them.

Probably haven't worded that too well...

rickne

Master Poster
Great choice man. You won't be disappointed. If you need any help with the handset gimme a shout.

Bsrz

Rising Star
Yea you keep the phone at the end of the term, whatever happens. You can then, re-negotiate a new tariff with a new phone or cancel and change provider. You could just keep paying the same and keep the same handset if you wanted (if you don't say anything it'll just roll over to a month-by-month contract) but its always nice to get something new and there's always room to negotiate to get the price down a bit. :) Its often good to play a few companies off against each other to get the best deal. Cancelling or re-negotiating early will usually incur costs, although some providers let you upgrade to a new handset early if you plan to stay with them.

Probably haven't worded that too well...

ah that's what I wanted to know thanks very much!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Most phones are pretty much the same anyway. My Experia U costs me 13 per month with three, unlimited net, unlimited texts, 100mins. Does the job and its pretty cheap. I would look at getting a mid range phone, stuff paying 32 per month. For 2 years. That's 768 in total. Or you could buy the phone separate, then add in a sim only contract for less than a tenner and probably get a better deal in the long run.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
so I just got back from the phone shops had a look at the galaxy s4, the htc one and the sony z1.

the sony z1 was amazing, but just to big and bulky, the htc one was very nice looking but it was heavy and limited to 32gb :/ - not something you could go running with - the galaxy s4 however was light, it was lightning fast, it was packed with features and could accept the 64gb sd card. the s4 was the overall winner out of the three. the only question I have now before I commit to the contract and I should of asked this in store at the time - what happens after I have paid my £32 a month for 24 months? does the contact just end do I get a new phone and keep the galaxy??? any ideas?? thanks!!

Nice, i love the Galaxy Phones, i just wanted a change this time, the Z1 is big, i went from the Note 2 so it seems small.

Great choice though it wont disappoint. You should be getting the 4.3 update in the next few months too which should give you some tweeks.

mishra

Rising Star
The way phone contracts work is that when it finishes, it's like you would be getting a new contract again. Yes, you keep your old phone it is yours after contract finishes.

o2 have a slight twist with their o2 refresh deal, so after your contract finishes. You can opt for it and then you only pay for your Air time, no need to pay for new phone if you don't need it.

To put it perspective 18 months ago I got my iPhone 4 on contract. This month could upgrade to "o2 refresh", keep my phone and get cheapest air time which was £17 a month only. Thought I opted for new iPhone 5 instead for my girlfriend, I am just fine with iPhone 4 to be honest. Can't fully understand the urge for people to swap phones so often... battery is crap anyway with new phones. But I guess you get a shiny phone for as little as few packs of beer a month :D

Anyhow I'm drifting away... yeah phone is yours for sure once contract finishes.

Bsrz

Rising Star
Now I am looking at the htc one mini for £17 per month ... gah why am I so indecisive ... I just want a small lightweight nice looking phone to email text call and primarily listen to music on.... fml....

bigben

Master Poster
Now I am looking at the htc one mini for £17 per month ... gah why am I so indecisive ... I just want a small lightweight nice looking phone to email text call and primarily listen to music on.... fml....

I saw that one the other day, it's nice :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
How about the S3 or the S3 mini. Its still an awesome phone, and you will get a good price on it because its last years model?

Bsrz

Rising Star
How about the S3 or the S3 mini. Its still an awesome phone, and you will get a good price on it because its last years model?

same sort of price as the htc one mini or s4 mini so might as well get a more recent model for the same price.

araabd

I have a HTC One and if your looking to do as you say, play music, then the htc one blows all other phones out the water. Couple it with a good pair of headphones and you'll be listening to music like never before. I can't recommend it enough, it does everything and it has a very nice build quality to it.

Bsrz

Rising Star
Made my decision getting the htc one mini for a couple of years, excited now!! cant wait to customize it like crazy :)

Rack

Enthusiast
Boooooo (while it's your choice), I only know one other with the s4. I want to try the group play.

araabd

Made my decision getting the htc one mini for a couple of years, excited now!! cant wait to customize it like crazy :)

You won't regret it!! Also my dad wants to get the HTC one mini if you could tell me what its like after a week please :)