Game of Thrones

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I meant to put this on series link when Atlantic was released, but thought it was aaaaaaaagggggeeeesssssss away..."18th of April" I said, "that's nearly the Summer!"...

Promptly forgot, only for me dad to plus it anyway!

Good times, will watch this week for later discussion :D

JSG10

Expert
Watched a bit of it last night, looks good.
Going to finish reading the book before I watch any more though then I'll download the whole series :)
I didn't realise they were doing an adaptation of it and only caught it by chance last night.

Sie

Gold Level Poster
book 1 of 6 (7) since the 5th is in 2 parts :p and there is another book just released/releasing soon, never read the books been recommended them but not got round to getting them yet..but the first episode was quite enjoyable, also been recommened the farseer trilogy by robin hobb.

JSG10

Expert
I can highly recommend the farseer trilogy by her! It's fantastic as are her other trilogies too :)

BAD SANTA

Enjoyed the first episode, not quite as graphic as Sparticus but still very good

Totally agree, Game Of Thrones is good but I think Sparticus is a more realistic experience, I know that it is different times but the actual portrail of events is a lot more graphic and realistic in sparticus.
Still I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the series.

Rakk

The Awesome
All I'd like to say on this subject is, I wish Sky and Virgin would stop arguing about prices for channels, I don't get Sky Atlantic :(

Grump, grump, grump!!!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Sky Atlantic is great, but they seem to import a hell of a lot of programmes I cant watch with my parents! :D

Pete

Bright Spark
I watched episode 2 & 3 last night and thought it was great - think i'll do that for the remaining episodes, rather than once a week.

HBO's Band of Brothers is a fantasic series, i wasn't so keen on Pacific tho.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
BoB is one of the best TV series I have ever watched (And still watch every so often).

Specific was okish, but it lacked the personal element that BoB gave, and as such became just another war series.

So far loving the new HBO stuff on Atlantic. Like Boardwalk and so far lovin Thrones. Had reports from my gf's dad that Blue Bloods, Treme and one other which I cant remember are a good watch too.

Finally Sky veiwers get something freeview and the other rabble cant! :D

Pete

Bright Spark
BoB is one of the best TV series I have ever watched (And still watch every so often).

yep, it's better in many ways but i think the fact that you follow the one group from basic training through to the end of the war practically, is the biggest thing. a great watch if you're stuck at home ill or something. when i re-watched recently i relised one guy is in Fringe also.

so many of the american series i was watching got the can though... 4400, Kyle, Heroes (went down sharply after the first series / writers strike), i'm sure there are others i can't remember. Hopefully they won't kill off too many of the big names in Thrones and it'll be back for another series ? the books span a huge time period apparently.

Flucky

yep, it's better in many ways but i think the fact that you follow the one group from basic training through to the end of the war practically, is the biggest thing. a great watch if you're stuck at home ill or something. when i re-watched recently i relised one guy is in Fringe also.

so many of the american series i was watching got the can though... 4400, Kyle, Heroes (went down sharply after the first series / writers strike), i'm sure there are others i can't remember. Hopefully they won't kill off too many of the big names in Thrones and it'll be back for another series ? the books span a huge time period apparently.

Loved Heroes, gutted they ran out of money

Randomthom

Silver Level Poster
Also loving Game of Thrones here, got a friend supplying the episodes to me as I don't have Sky Atlantic (or Sky anything actually), also reading the book. Interestingly, more-so than anything else I've read & watched, the series follows the books incredibly closely. The only real exception is that they have aged some of the characters a few years to make it more socially acceptable as well as better eye candy... e.g. Danaerys Targaryen (sp?), the khaleesi (Horse-people queen) is meant to be 13/14 years old during the course of this story.

I can recommend it as an excellent read as well as a good watch!