GameCube... from PCS rather than Nintendo...

Tachikoma

Case
COOLERMASTER ELITE 130 CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-4770 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® H81I-PLUS: Mini-ITX, LG1150, USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 760 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
2TB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 64MB CACHE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
4x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ROM
Power Supply
CORSAIR 450W VS SERIES™ VS-450 POWER SUPPLY
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Seidon 120M High Performance CPU Cooler
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Power Cable
1 x 2 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Operating System
Genuine Windows 8.1 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence
DVD Recovery Media
Windows 8.1 (64-bit) DVD with paper sleeve
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-10AM
Build Time
FAST TRACK 5 WORKING DAY DISPATCH
Miscellaneous
FREE ASSASSINS CREED BLACK FLAG & MORE with GTX 660 & 7 Series GPUs!
Miscellaneous
FREE BATMAN: ARKHAM ORIGINS GAME with GTX 660 & 7 Series GPUs!
Quantity

Ordered the above last week, unfortunately they missed the 5 day dispatch (today) so I won't receive it before I am in London for a 4 day course, but hopefully it will be here in time for the weekend. I know they can't help being busy at this time of the year but it's a little annoying that I wasn't even informed that the deadline would be missed and I had to chase them up.

On a positive though, been really happy with the service from PCS, took a week of nagging to get the Seidon 120M an option for the Elite 130 case, but the sales guys were very helpful and friendly.

I know "should have got an i5 and a Titan" but this will also be a video/photo editing/3D rendering system so needed hyperthreading, gaming will be an occasional thing (if I can get my son off it when he is playing Minecraft)

Will post an update when it arrives with some photos and a mini review to go over the cooling/noise/etc for this config.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Looks good, my knowledge is more Laptop based but i'd be happy with that specification.

Batman and Assassin's Creed are awesome games.

Tachikoma

Black Flag will be played but don't really have much interest for the Batman games. I know they are good but already have the previous two on the PS3 and hardly bothered with them so going to give the code to a mate instead.

As soon as I have all my security and productivity software loaded, going to install Skyrim and HD mod the crap out of it. Looking forward to Witcher 2, bought that ages ago but it devoured my old machine and I couldn't get it running 1024x768 on low at more than 15fps. Gotta love that Apple premium... glad to be rid of them and back into "serious" computing.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Yeah i bought an apple a few years ago on a friends recomendation, he said its a power house and just put windows on it and you can run any game a pc can. Not the case at all. Was glad to get shot of it. Maybe the new ones can but meh, it left a bad tase in my mouth.... like ROTTEN APPLE... lol you can neg rep me for that if you want :)

Tachikoma

God no, wouldn't bad rep a fellow convert lol!

I was a Mac user for years, worked in IT support for a long time so was sick of coming home to the same tinkering and patching I had to do at work. Macs are fine for the most part, my biggest problem was lack of software. I spent as much time booted into Windows as I did into OS X so when it was time for an upgrade I could either have splashed out on an underpowered Mac Mini, an overpriced Mac Pro that looks like a toilet brush holder or another overpriced, underpowered MacBook Pro.

A friend recommended PCS and they offered exactly what I needed, the only thing I would want that wasn't listed were more peripheral options like air mice and media remotes.