Gamersgate and PayPal

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
Morning Folks,

Just a heads up on a problem I've just come across:

Attempted to purchase Darkstar One from Gamersgate.co.uk and pay the £8.99 using my PayPal Account.

The Payment was initially authorised, however an hour after I had downloaded the game, the payment was reversed by PayPal and my account limited pending investigation.

This has since been sorted (by resetting all my security details) but the payment is still pending and am reluctant to use PayPal again on this site as I don't want it to happen again.....

Just thought I would let people know in case they are going to attempt the same procedure

Torgan.

sted

Rising Star
Just throwing a guess but, was the money in your actual PayPal account, or did you pay via debit card which is registered to the account? If its the former, I suspect it's a bug/fault caused by the PayPal site itself, or something similar, if not then maybe there was some sort of problem with your bank.

Not entirely sure it would be either, but there may be a possibility, I suppose.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'd call paypal, they will tell you exactly what went on. Maybe they thought someone accessed your account? possible.

Torgan

Gold Level Poster
There were plenty of funds in the account to cover it, and I add to it using bank transfers so no card involvement whatsoever.

The matter is sorted now however, I sent them an email as they said that to prove I lived at my home address they would send me a snail mail letter within 3 weeks by post and I would have to reply in kind. My issue with that is that i'm deploying to the Middle East before then so would have been a bit buggered as I use PayPal quite a lot from abroad as I don't trust the local Mobile internet providers too much....

They then replied and said that as I had answered my security questions correctly they would reactivate my account without the postal letter...which was nice of 'em :)

It worked out quite nicely anyway, as I found a copy of the game I was after cheaper elsewhere!

Cheers for the replies gents

Torgan